OT- The Good ... They Die Young ....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT- The Good ... They Die Young ....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 05:53 am:

Garry Shandling just passed away

I always liked his humor - very smart guy ...

One of his ....

" After making love I said to my girl 'Was it good for you too?'

And she said 'I don't think this was good for anybody.'"

That was Gary Shandling ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 06:19 am:

Wow, Liked his stuff all through the 80's / 90's even watched the show on tv.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 08:30 am:

All the good one's are dying off, TV's about the worst it's been in decades.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 09:32 am:

I really liked the Gary Shandling show. It was one of the first TV shows where the actors occasionally broke the "fourth wall and addressed the audience directly. I think Gary was one of the most underrated comedians. RIP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 09:41 am:

Wish they would bring back 'Amos and Andy'. Now that was real down to earth comedy. In other words real reality.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 11:18 am:

"Wish they would bring back 'Amos and Andy'. Now that was real down to earth comedy. In other words real reality."

Many of the "Amos and Andy" radio and TV shows are available on the Internet. Some can be watched on-line, other purchased. Do a Google search for "Amos and Andy" and you will quite pleased with the availability of these great, old shows. Love the one line when Amos and Andy were synchronizing their watches for some split-second timing scheme they were trying to pull off: "Let's simonize our watches."
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 11:22 am:

Most old TV shows are on You Tube. When we do watch TV, it's our go to for entertainment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 12:16 pm:

Would Amos and Andy be politically correct today?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 12:17 pm:

They weren't then why would they be now. Ha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 12:20 pm:

The answer is blowin in the wind or maybe the times they are a changing

woops wrong thread! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 10:43 am:

I took 20 minutes from my day to watch this:

@ http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/garry-shandling-its-great-that-garry-sha ndling-is-still-alive

I really enjoyed it - in particular the exchange about Matthew McConaughey & the Lincoln car commercials he is featured in.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 01:40 am:

Something is goofy with that link, Jim. No werkum !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 02:38 am:

Marshall - Funny how certain things of absolutely no importance seem to "stick in your head" after many years, and, maybe it's because I grew up in Chicago, but this one back & forth "discussion" between the "Kingfish" and "you know who is one that I really got a kick out of:

The two of them got into some kind of trouble and one says to the other,.....

"We has got to get outa here quick"!

"Yeah, but where we goin'?"

"We is gonna' head West, and we is gonna' tell everybody who ask us, dat we is from Chicago. An' when somebody finally ask us,....Where dat?"

"Well,....dat's da' place!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 08:30 am:

What resonated for me with his comedy was the truth in it.

Burger,

The link works for me - so ?

Here is another link from a couple of radio interviews he did:

@ http://www.npr.org/2016/03/25/471795179/how-heartbreak-helped-garry-shandling-fi nd-his-comedic-voice

" At the beginning, I think I wrote material that was very much influenced by Woody Allen, who is my favorite,
and I used to do very off-beat jokes that sounded like I was reading them, and it took years to develop a style.

Actually, what happened is I was involved in a relationship and the girl left me.

And I was very hurt, very hurt.

And I had to go up on stage, and I finally just turned to the audience and said, "'This girl left me."

I said, "Well, what happened is she moved in with another guy.

So I dumped her, because that's where I draw the line."

That was really the beginning of the Garry Shandling dating years in stand-up. "

Freighter Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration