OT - What I song or song lyrics best describe you ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - What I song or song lyrics best describe you ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 09:58 am:

What would your " theme song " be ?

What song lyrics best describe who you are ?

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 10:04 am:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bh5ncAr8-w

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 10:10 am:

Well, I guess Ed pretty much covered it. End of thread!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 10:27 am:

Desperado

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 11:00 am:

I Hope this POS FB thread gets eliminated soon.Jim,if this is all you got to do,get another hobby!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 11:28 am:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP4U-jGNzas

If you don't want to take time to click on it ---

"I've Enjoyed As Much of This As I Can Stand," Porter Wagoner, 1960's.

I've closed a thousand shows with this song over the years and today it fits the carburetor business pretty well. Think I'll take tomorrow and Sunday off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 12:04 pm:

Well it is Friday and I will be at the local Legion Hall for fish tonight. So I will go with Alcohol by Brad Paisley.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 12:31 pm:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=jerry+jeff+walker+easy+come+easy+go&qpvt=je rry+jeff+walker+easy+come+easy+go&view=detail&mid=457BC3612871855005C1457BC36128 71855005C1&FORM=VRDGAR

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 01:37 pm:

This one appears to be going for a song :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 02:21 pm:

Reading through the thread, I think this one might possibly apply to some of us... :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLafNhYBak0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 02:27 pm:

The Doors: "People Are Strange".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 02:33 pm:

To all,Guys,this is a MODEL T Ford site,Not a social page ,and while an occasional OT is one thing,lately some have sorely abused that priveledge. I come here to learn from others experiences and can sometimes help.Right now ,going through Chemo/radiation again for 4th time.Just really don't want to see FB wanna be crap on here.Sorry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 02:34 pm:

X Ambassadors - Renegades

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 03:45 pm:

Good luck Jack!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 03:47 pm:

"They're coming to take me away, Ha Ha"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 03:51 pm:

If I were old, this would be my song. Glad I'm not old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh4sae6GMBY

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis R on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 03:53 pm:

That's easy! Wait a second- What was the question???

Oh yeah! "Senior Moments"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 06:12 pm:

I guess this one sums it up for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 06:33 pm:

Hey Good Looking What You Got Cookin' .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 07:01 pm:

Good luck and hope for a better health to you, Jack :-)

Haven't found any song that describes me, though I've picked a couple of songs that I hope will be played on my funeral;
"I'll fly away" by Hank Sr: https://youtu.be/FmtK6KwvkWI
and "I'll have a new life" by the very same: https://youtu.be/Q5ZuC4UJhQE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 07:49 pm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohRa9lsx0Q

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 12:01 am:

Dazed and Confused.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 05:54 am:

"The Twilight Zone" theme music with Rod Serling narrating.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 10:52 am:

In the early 50's I used to sing this song at Knott's Berry Farm where I entertained in the "Wagon Camp"

When I was a young man a roaming the strand

I met a fair damsel so fancy and grand

She wore jewelry finery silver and gold

And I said ain't you a dandy fer 19 years old

Well her fingers were tapered and her neck like a swan

and her nose a little turned up and her voice not too strong

In six weeks we married and wedding bells told

I'd married my darling just 19 years old.

Now after the wedding when we retired to rest

Did my face change colors when my young wife undressed

Such a trunk full of padding from her form did unfold

said us that unusual fur 19 years old

well she unscrewed her fingers 'till I counted three

and she unscrewed her cork leg up to the knee

took out her glass eye on the carpet it rolled

said I that's peculiar fer 19 years old

So all you young fellers when a courten you go . . . .

inspect your true love from her head to her toe

or else you'll be ruined like me and be sold

to a patched up old biddy who'e 90 years old

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 01:44 pm:

Thread drift - Frank, a friend, while stationed in Germany, met what he described as the most
beautiful fraulein imaginable ... "looked just like the St. Pauli girl". One thing led to another and
he discovered that "she" had a bigger sausage than he did ! 8^O

Yes, thorough inspection/eval is important !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 06:35 pm:

Oof, Burger. hehehehe
Frank, I need to know what tune that's sang/sung to. Please?
Yeah, the twilight zone for me too.
OR
I can help by billy swan. Oh wait. Not really but I'd still help if need be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 10:56 pm:

Best wishes Jack.i pray things improve for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher McCulley on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 11:23 pm:

"Montana" by Frank Zappa.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 12:00 am:

Well said Michael!! Myself i like the song Dick Lodge posted a link for!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 01:28 am:

Dai-yam, Jack ! Sorry about the chemo deal, but let's put on our big boy pants and just skip
over the threads that don't interest us, OK ? We all have lives more diverse than what we keep
in the garage, and life is more about the people we know than the machines they keep. If you
want your T-site reading all about T tech, by all means, skip over the OT threads. Too damned
easy ! But don't be a wet blanket on other's fun or sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 06:00 am:

Hey Jack, don't be "raggin" on these guys, I actually found it amusing, besides Chris determines the "rules". We're just having some fun soooo direct your negativity to him, we're just having some fun, lighten up !!! BTW: anything by Webb Pierce or Johnny Cash works for me, liked their stuff since I was a pup !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 08:39 am:

Long Haired country boy Charlie Daniels
https://www.bing.com/search?q=LONG+HAIRED+COUNTRY+BOY&pc=MOZI&form=MOZSBR

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 08:56 am:

Hot Rod Lincoln

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 09:39 am:

"Living Years" by Mike & The Mechanics (1988).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 10:01 am:

The Good,the Bad,and the Ugly!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 11:14 pm:

Howlin' Wolf- I'm built for comfort, I ain't built for speed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 02:16 am:

"Marine's Hymn" (From the Halls of Montezuma). Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Semper Fi.

Jim Patrick
Sgt. USMC Veteran
'72 - '77

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Wightman on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 01:43 pm:

Paint it Black - Rolling Stones

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 03:34 pm:

At the risk of being accused of blasphemy,

"See The USA In Your Chevrolet" - Dinah Shore.

Not Really, but I couldn't resist posting it.

( Maybe Chevrolet head on your Model T? )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 03:37 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 03:43 pm:

JACK, Good luck with those chemo treatments.
I know what you are going thru, I completed my 9th treatment last week. Three more treatments to go and than the test to see if all was successful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 09:31 pm:

Back when we were first married, Linda & I drove around in a Nash Metropolitan I got for a song because "The brakes are no ###!! good!" A cleaning and introduction of Gerlig (sp?) Brake fluid fixed that! Anyway we would drive around and sing the song "Beep-Beep!"
(A fun novelty song, if you don't know it; it's probably on u-tube--I dunno, I'm on dial-up!)
One car I wish I hadn't sold. . . .Doubling my money was too tempting!
:-)
Of course, with my last name, there's always the Irving Berlin number, "What'll we do on a dew-dew-dewey day?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 09:50 pm:

Hi Roger in Sweden,
I agree with with you. Hank Williams tells it like it is. I am very fond of his music.I remember the day he passed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 10:10 pm:

From the great Townes Van Zandt ....

Sung by Willy & Merle ....

@ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQZmX5fbqfs

Livin' on the road my friend ....

Was gonna keep you free and clean ....

Now you wear your skin like iron ....

Your breath as hard as kerosene ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 11:59 am:

Potholes by Randy Newman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2Ndz6RCZZk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 12:29 pm:

Whose going to post "Nobody to Blame But Me" by Chris Stapleton? I love it... Not blaming anybody here, Yet

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration