A Big Thank You to MTFCA Members

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: A Big Thank You to MTFCA Members
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Saxon on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 02:30 pm:

I have a 1923 Model TT Firetruck. I restored it back in the 1980's. About 1988 the radiator died. I ordered a new radiator from a local parts supplier as the truck was only used in parades. Bear in mind, this was before knowledge could be shared so easily with the internet. I got the new radiator and installed it. Yes you guessed it, my 1923 required a low one and yes the parts supplier sent a high one. I was so frustrated after the install and everything was so beyond kiddywampus that the truck got tucked away into storage. Fast forward to 2016. I finally have time to correct the past. Luckily, I Googled model t's and found the MTFCA!! My fire and passion for Model T's has been reignited. I found some great parts I needed to correct my tragedy thanks to Daniel Snell, Dale Kemmerer, Royce Peterson, Layden Butler, and Lee at Brassworks. Attached are some photos of my project...had to stop to get the shell plated, but I am on the road to success. Thanks to all the people who give input to the Forum as it keeps the passion alive for everyone.
Regards,
Ted

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 02:33 pm:

Attached are some photos of my project...

??? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 02:38 pm:

Ted,

It is necessary to "resize" your pictures....not necessarily in inches size, but "pixel" size, in order to post them here.

Can you get the pixels size smaller? - e-mail size is good.

see this thread for help:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/497060.html?1417473815

Glad that you found solutions to your firetruck challenges here!

(Message edited by adave on March 25, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Saxon on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 02:43 pm:

PhotosThe beginningMuch Better

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 03:32 pm:

Ted:

I see you are in New Brighton.

You must be related to Ron Saxon. Was that truck displayed at the dealership?

Erik in Minneapolis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Saxon on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 03:36 pm:

Absolutely, Ron is my father. This truck was on the showfloor for years and then became my summer project for a number of years. Kept me out of trouble.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 01:12 am:

Beautiful fire truck!
I've seen that Saxon logo on the backs of many cars down in your area!
You're gonna share some more pics when you get that shell plated right? ;-)
Erik, what's that do-dad/pouch for? 50's-60's yes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 08:43 am:

The leather thingy Eric posted is a cover for the keys for your new Ford. It folds over the keys and has a snap on the other side. It held the ignition key and the trunk key. 50's-60's yes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 11:16 am:

Mike is correct - it is a key fob.

The one pictured is unused and minty fresh. I picked it up at an estate sale last summer and sold it in eBay last fall.

Ron Saxon Ford opened in 1956 at University Avenue and Marion Street in St Paul, Minnesota. The University Avenue location was closed in late 2005 and operations were consolidated into Ron Saxon's Ford dealerships in Inver Grove Heights and New Brighton.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Gagel, Orange,Ct on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 11:59 am:

How about some pictures of the sides and rear. Looks similar o my '21.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration