Terry Shaffer 1915 Runabout (Owasso, OK)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Terry Shaffer 1915 Runabout (Owasso, OK)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 05:56 pm:

Hello everyone. This is a longshot request, but here it goes...

Last week, I purchased a 1915 Ford runabout that was owned by Terry Shaffer of Owasso, Oklahoma. His widow said that they purchased the car from an individual in Michigan and then took it to the Centennial celebration in 2008. She could not recall the seller's name.

Is there anyone on the Forum that remembers Terry's car and might know from whom he purchased the car?

The VIN is 818189.

Any leads you can provide are greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Mike Hanson
Kingwood, Texas

Here is a photo of the vehicle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 07:28 pm:

Are those Grey Tires or Just discolored White Ones?

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 07:33 pm:

Hi Don,

They are older grey Universals. It gives the car a neat look.

Best,
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 07:51 pm:

I like the gray ones the best. They look great on brass cars.

(Message edited by coupelet on March 25, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 09:14 pm:

It is a great looking runabout Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 10:27 pm:

Mike,
I looked closely at the ebay auction of your car. Congratulations on what looks to be a great car. I seem to remember some comments about the top in the listing? Are the top irons and bows correct for the car? The Irons look to be the flatter style of the later models? I am starting to build a 1916 Runabout for myself,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Friday, March 25, 2016 - 11:59 pm:

Hi Warwick,

There were some strong opinions expressed about the top; however, I believe (like you) that the top irons are likely the later 17-22 style. That issue has already been remedied.

Best,
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 08:30 am:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration