Sparek Plug Wire Trim (Distributor)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Sparek Plug Wire Trim (Distributor)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 01:34 am:

Here's a way to make your spark plug wires look good, coming from a di$^%i&butor, using wire ties (tie wraps)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 01:44 pm:

Nice tip, Hal.

Here's my set-up, with my Rajo head and distributor. Running the wires up into a tube, which is wire-tied to the rad support rod. Then the plug wires are brought out and down to the plugs and coil. I like this, as it gets the wires up and out of the way, making it a bit easier to work on the top end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 04:01 pm:

Dave, Looks great! I ain't rich enough to go Rajo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 05:36 pm:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/DT-WHB.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 06:06 pm:

OR $18++ for a wire holder. Wire wraps $0.03 ea. Thanks Ed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 10:41 am:

Hal, what's the jar gizmo hanging on the firewall, just below the coil? It looks like it has DC and vacuum connected to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 12:00 pm:

That's a gasoline pre-igniter. :-)
Helps complete burn of the fuel.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration