What can you tell me about these magnetos?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What can you tell me about these magnetos?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 07:28 pm:

I picked these today.
Du4 duplex
Scintilla looks like it's a dual 4 cylinder but I may be wrong
Mea also looks like dual 6

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 10:58 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 12:40 pm:

By picked I mean bought. Ill try to post better photos later on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 01:32 pm:

Not much. This "Smokstak" discussion looks like the Scintilla:

http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129770&highlight=Scintilla

The Bosch looks like my regular Bosches. The switches do look like Duplex. I'm not sure what the Duplex differences are:

http://www.autominded.net/brochure/div/Bosch%20Magneto%20pg.4.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 01:43 pm:

The bosch says Du4 Duplex on the base.

The scintilla has me stumped. It has 8 terminals but the model number is PN5-D. Almost every scintilla magneto I found online was in reference to Bugatti or Lagonda. That's hard to believe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 02:05 pm:

Correction. The scintilla magneto is indeed a 5 cylinder mag. The Mea is a six cylinder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 04:09 pm:

Looks like I struck out. I hope you find the answers.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 05:30 pm:

Thank you for your help!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration