My Friend Art Moran

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: My Friend Art Moran
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 12:03 pm:

About 12 years ago I met and started riding on tours with Art Moran of Webster Minnesota in his 1921 touring. He got me started in the T-Totalers Club. I did not trust my own Model Ts for long tours. I have been driving and collecting since. Art has been having health problems lately, so on this Easter we can pray for him. Yesterday I was honored to receive his beloved touring which I will treasure. I hope to give Art a ride soon, hopefully he can drive it, Happy Easter, Bob. pixpix

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 12:26 pm:

I will say a special prayer for him today.

Art is a good friend to a whole bunch of people in a variety of different hobbies. He was the motivating force in the T-Totalers a decade ago, when enthusiasm and membership in the club skyrocketed up to over 250 members. Art loves to tour and he loves to stop at ice cream and antique shops. His Wednesday morning coffee gatherings are just one of the ways that he supports the hobby.

I'm glad that he picked you to be the caretaker or his car. I know that you will treat it well. Maybe, you can bring Art and the car up to the 4th of July tour this summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 02:15 pm:

I have missed seeing Art on the local tours. He was on all of them when my family was new to the club, always smiling, always helpful, and always with a witty comment to entertain the group.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 02:25 pm:

Bob,

What a nice Sunday Story !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne - Racine, MN on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 12:53 pm:

Glad to see you got it Bob. Knowing you, I'm sure the history of both the man and the car will be preserved.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 08:53 pm:

Bob, thank you for the photographs of the '26 Sedan. Saying prayers for Art.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley MN on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 08:56 pm:

Thanks for posting this Bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bernard Davey on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 09:20 pm:

This is Art's other "T" thanks to people like Greg Steil, Dave Tronson, Don Cusack, Jerry Helding, "Doc" Miller, and others of the Wednesday morning group it is in the assembled form it is. Art was never a financially rich man but in terms of friendships he is abundantly wealthy. In order to help finance his next stage of life I am the lucky owner of his 1915 touring. Art never drove this car but it did serve him well for many years as a base for a table and a conversation piece. Hopefully I too like Bob can give Art a ride in his 15 T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bernard Davey on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 09:21 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bernard Davey on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 09:22 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 07:50 am:

art is one of the good guys. the 15 body is one of mine,glad to see it together. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 11:33 am:

art is one of the good guys for sure. i believe the 21 touring has been with him since 56 or so. maybe bob knows the story better

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration