OT 6" brass bell for Edwards -55- buzzer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT 6" brass bell for Edwards -55- buzzer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 05:48 pm:

I have a buzzer on the front of my quadractcle. The bell looked like brass inside and out. Decided to polish it. Bad choice. It only had a thin plate of brass inside and out. Took 2 seconds to find out. I have polished all the brass off the outside and is is very high polished metal. Now choices are to go with the polished metal, spray paint brass finish on it, or find another good brass bell. Anybody with one laying around in good shape? I have sent an inquiry to Edwards but their Webb side appears to only have gray bells. No one I know of around here plates brass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 06:27 pm:

Warren

You can just paint and it will look similar to brass. Just not as reflective. Have used a gold paint with lots of metallic flakes, then a spray coat of clear gloss enamel over, made it 'look' like brass.

There is a concern near that does auto parts, retail customers, and the site says they do brass plating. That would be the best.

GB Finishes Address:28468 Ryan Rd., Warren, MI 48092 | email: Info@gbfinish.com | 586-925-3420

Painted 'brass' trim plates around the pedals.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 06:28 pm:

Sorry, typed wrong name Harry....don't know why :-(

apologies sir, :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 10:50 pm:

The real issue with brass plating metal after a while it turns a really weird green. You can delay this by using automotive clear coat.

just sayin;

brasscarguy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration