Cool turn signals on eBay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Cool turn signals on eBay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 09:10 pm:

Not affiliated, and I rather use the money for spare wheels! But cool...

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/291721178676

VINTAGE 1920'S SAFETURN SIGNAL SEMAPHORE ACCESSORY TURN SIGNAL KIT FORD MODEL T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 10:59 pm:

That thing must be made of platinum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 11:09 pm:

Here's a past thread on them.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/192159.html?1298216538

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 11:10 pm:

These are Extremely rare and cool period accessories and I got nearly this much years ago on eBay.
Howard Dennis

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/133154-early-directional-signal-information/#commen t-615759

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 09:28 am:

My Model T buddy had a set of these but we couldn't figure a good way to mount them on the 27 Roadster so the box just sat in his basement for years. Later on, when I decided to try to mount them on the car I found out he had given them away to someone who liked them. He was just that way. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 11:33 am:

I installed this $30 wireless signal setup and like it so far

https://www.ebay.com/itm/262493328742

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 01:28 pm:

^^^^ A wise accessory, but they lack the coolness of a vintage unit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 02:45 pm:

I totally agree. Simply a safety feature since I plan to carry paying passengers often.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 06:54 pm:

There were several sets of those for sale at Harrah's Swap Meet about 1964. My friends John and Blair each bought a pair. These went on a 1929 REO Flying Cloud and a 1929 Erskine. I'm guessing they cost about $25 at the time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 10:25 pm:

The trouble with all the bike turn signals I've seen so far is that left and right, being contained in a single unit, are too close together.

Many of the T era lights are much less visible than modern ones.

Maybe the answer is to make my own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 11:30 pm:

The bike lights I bought point left or right in sequence like my 1969 Cougar tail lights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 06:25 am:

Hey,
I have a set of those too!
Robbie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Horton, Utah on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 08:15 am:

My son installs street legal kits in side by sides for people in his shop , making a few extra bucks now and then. The turn signal system is made up of very small LED lights, so I asked him if we could put the same system on my 23 roadster. We used some parts that he had left over and I bought the rest that we needed for the project. I built the brackets, front and back in such a way that no holes were drilled in any sheet metal. I used the radiator mounting bolts in the front and 2 wood screws on each side of the trailing edge of the turtle deck to mount the brackets in the rear.. A small panel was made to hold the 3 way toggle switch and 2 small indicator lights on each side of the switch. It is mounted on the left side of the steering column with a single screw through the flange under the dash. I use a 12 volt lawnmower battery in a cigar box in the trunk, but 6 volt flashers are available at NAPA or other parts stores. All wiring is encased in black plastic tubing and it is a very clean installation that works well. The LED lights are small enough that they donít stand out on the car, yet can be easily seen when in use.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration