Bakersfield

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Bakersfield
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 11:28 pm:

Who is bringing what to Bakersfield???????????

Inquiring minds want to know

just asking,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 11:33 pm:

A big bag of money to spend on goodies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 11:36 pm:

I expect to bring George and Martin, and maybe Derrick. Or are they bringing me?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 12:08 am:

I plan on bringing extra model T parts and items from my late fathers collection. Would also bring a couple of 28 chevy 4 cylinder engines with heads if any one is interested. I will be in spaces O & P.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 12:48 am:

I'm bringing all the left overs from the Lau collection. Wheels, rims, fenders, coil boxes, wishbones, brass lights, headlights, carbs, front end parts rear axle parts and many, many other parts. Lots of NOS parts,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 03:34 am:

Bring Steve Jelf and Derrick Pang, and throw Martin Vowell in for good karma

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 10:59 am:

Brasscarguy....

I will bring a good front cylinder (Fits 1 & 2 Cyl REO's) that came off a 1 cylinder REO truck engine. It is in good shape....no cracks or welds and will work on 1 cyl REO cars. Asking $850.00
When I was on last years tour in Bellingham Wash. there was someone that was interested that had a REO truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 12:57 pm:

So, is anyone going to Wool Growers' Thursday night for a gastronomical Basque delight?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 05:10 pm:

Going to Noriega's Thursday after the tour. For the swap meet we are bringing several thousand pounds of T's and parts. Have an early pan and hand brake lever/shaft, aluminum 15 trains cover and much more. For the speedster guys, a Rajo head, Whippet radiator and a few other goodies. Anyone need a Franklin lion hood mascot? One of those too, plus some 26-28 Buick stuff. I am driving my 1916 Dodge on the tour. My partner will be driving a 1915 T speedster that will be for sale at the meet, real reasonable.
Hope to meet some of you guys there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 07:20 pm:

Thinking about it. Checked the airlines, pretty expensive. Can't haul crap home. Takes two days to fly, four to drive. Haul lots of crap home. Or sell some crap. Or stop in Vegas. Too much work to do at home. Like to see some of that stuff Kim is bringing. Got too much crap already. Need to pay taxes instead of buying parts. Might find a couple cheap OF's or something I could make money on. Got a good pickup. Long drive by myself. Oh, me, oh, my, what to do, what to do. Still a couple weeks away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 07:36 pm:

David Dewey....are you going? I'm in spaces O & P.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 08:04 pm:

will have my linebore units and bearing molds for models T and A Ford mains...space D10 ...may bring some small parts along too... always an optimist ...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 09:04 pm:

What are the dates (again) 15th and 16th?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 09:05 pm:

Les,
Don't know yet--have some obligations here to deal with. I'll let you know when I know!
Stan--If you stop at Vegas & play the craps tables, you probably won't have money to buy crap!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 09:56 pm:

Planing to go but there's a storm a brewing at my work so hoping for the best

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 11:32 pm:

Bringing a long wish list and a thin pocketbook.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 11:35 pm:

David, we have legal gambling in Montana and I would bet I haven't put $100 in to it in the 35 or so years they have had it here. I work too hard for it to give it away and they know a lot more about those games than I do.

Being self employed is gamble enough for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 05:32 am:

My dad was raised in Nevada. He always said that those big-shots didn't build those fancy palaces out of the goodness of their hearts.

Don't know if I will make it to Bakersfield this year or not. Wife keeps saying "GO" and wants to go along, but other things really aren't shaping up well for it. We will see.

Everybody else, Go! Drive carefully, and enjoy it all! Then post pictures of all the cars and about half the parts.
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 06:18 am:

Been on my bucket list for several years now. My chances was hovering around 3/4 for the last few weeks now hanging around 2/5 but now I find several people from this section of the contry going. Sending in my mommies for the swap meet at Richmond in June.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

I'm going & this will be my first time there.

I'm looking for an original Prest - O - Lite "Automatic Reducing Valve" as shown in this thread - scroll down about half way down. http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/568517.html?1442789099.

I'm also looking for a dome light switch for a Fordor Sedan.

I hope to meet many of you while there.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 01:34 pm:

Stan,
I just had to use the pun! :-) My brother tried to teach me craps once--"Roll the dice, David, OK, you got 5, now roll them again--oops, you loose. OK roll the dice, you got 7, OK roll them again--ooops, you lose!"
"Louie, what are the rules??"
"Just keep playing, you'll learn them!"
"I already leaned one: I lose!!"
That's as far as it went!
I explain to people that the advantage of being self-employed is that I can work a half-day if I want to, and can choose which 12 hours it will be!
There is one sure-fire way to make a small fortune being self-employed; you start with a Large fortune. . . . :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 04:54 pm:

Since it was asked "Who is bringing what to Bakersfield?" I will contribute my collection. All of this stuff is virgin...never seen the eyes or hands of swap meets. Trying to get it sorted so that it can be seen.
Swap stuff 1
Swap stuff 3
Swap Pile

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 05:12 pm:

Robert B.,

To answer your question - According to the on-line Kern County Fairgrounds website calendar it's Friday April 15 and Saturday April 16, 2016. Hours are 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM each day. Admission at Gate 28 is $2.00. Parking is $5.00.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 06:15 pm:

It'll really help if you wear your MTFCA cap or better yet a FORUM Name Tag so we all don't walk by each other. I know I've done that in years past just because we don't recognize the face but only the name.
CYa There

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 07:49 pm:

Forum Name Tag

That sounds like a great idea. Where do we get them ?

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 08:20 pm:

I was planning on attending but, alas, I've used up my spring trip to So. Cal. already. See y'all next year!

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 11:13 pm:

Keith are you flying or driving?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 11:45 pm:

Jerry, Driving from Apache Junction, Arizona. Ya, we're snowbirds.. :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 11:49 pm:

Just got my stall passes and map for Bakersfield today in the mail. YAHOOOOOOO

As always Thursday afternoon move in Friday 6 am for vendors.

Can't wait,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 05:15 am:

I've been getting a number of PMs asking about my Bakersfield space number....it is D-69. Should have mentioned that in my earlier thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 12:05 pm:

This is a test

(Message edited by Tony_bowker on March 30, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 02:02 pm:

Henry, thanks for the info on dates... just got back from Colorado... lets see if I can make it out...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 04:32 pm:

I gather you will not necessarily fly Robert ?

Enjoying your book - taking my time reading it ..

I understand the Model T & Rover inclusion now ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 05:30 pm:

We are in D81/82, E31/32 with lots of T stuff. Come by and visit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 09:24 pm:

Erik see yeah there hoping see lot of old and meet up with a few new friends

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 09:32 pm:

16. Model t Rail job coming that runs all original. I'm with Eric same spots

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 09:54 pm:

Our T parts trailer is so heavy this year we had to back it into the shop last night to pull out the single axle and swap in a set of tandems. Still worried about the tires, may buy some heavier ones. I think the trailer weighs in at 8-10K lbs. We hope to go home a lot lighter, so we will be making great deals. Not rare high buck stuff, but parts everyone needs to build up a model T. Buy the whole load with the trailer and you will be in business cheap. Of course, we will will have some high end goodies, too. Also an entry level priced brass speedster for low buck fun. Come by and see us!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 12:31 am:

hope to be there Sat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 03:40 am:

Sat?? By then most of us will be gone!! If we go, I have to be in Placerville by mid-day Saturday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 12:13 pm:

Erik, What row & space #

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 12:19 pm:

Friday is the big day for the swap meet.....by Saturday noon, most vendors are packing up and leaving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 04:41 pm:

I'm bringing my 1931 Plymouth sport roadster to either sell or trade for something neat. Space D-19, stop by and visit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 05:09 pm:

Les,
Will they let such a modern car into the swap?? :-)
Looks like a wonderful project, with a lot of work already done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 06:15 pm:

Hey it's pre war ww 2 not ww 1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 10:15 pm:

Dale do you really remember WW1??????

just wondering,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 11:03 pm:

Don, we are in D81/82, and E31/32. We have always had four spaces but we finally arranged to have them all together in one block.
Les, hard to come up with something neater than that Plymouth roadster. But Bakersfield is where you will find it. See you there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Bennett on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 12:05 am:

Brian and I will be at spaces C-29&30 The big ticket items we will have are:1926 TT "Peddler's Truck". An early Ruckstell rear-end. This has a 1913-14 12 rivet housing and all other early parts included. All rebuilt and ready to bolt in. A Rajo 4-valve head, missing the rockers and push rods. A really nice pair of Victor #2 sidelights. An excellent 1913-14 John Brown carbide generator. Several Stewart Warner speedo swivels. We will have several boxes of "small items". For the Model A fans we have a complete original Riley two-port head and all necessary parts to install. We'll have some other racy type stuff for both Model A and Model T. We'll have a large $2.00 table as well as a $10.00 and $20.00 table. We're contemplating bringing a large citrus fruit picking box full of "free to a good home" items. Stop by and see us for some great bargains. I'll post more later as we drag more stuff out of our sheds. We Look forward to seeing you all there!! Give me a call with your particular needs. If I have it, I'll bring it along. 559 nine six seven 0112

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 10:50 am:

Brass car guy, No I don't remember either WW 1 or 2. I was born just 7 months before Pearl Harbor
Dale

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 02:47 am:

I heard that Arron Griffey is looking for a right side deferential housing. Might check your stash and bring it along or PM him if you have one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 02:48 am:

I heard that Aaron Griffey is looking for a right side deferential housing. Might check your stash and bring it along or PM him if you have one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 03:58 am:

Which one does he need? At least five USA production variations from '14 through '25, and that is major variations. There are also lesser variations. I think three different ones for '26/'27?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 12:32 am:

Oh dear, I forgot to give the year. He's working on a friends '40 ford

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 01:55 am:

I work Monday through Friday, Saturday is the best I can do

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hammatt on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 08:09 pm:

Tom
Make it as early as you can on Saturday. I always stay until noon, but some vendors seem to have to leave on Friday afternoon. Unfortunately I don't sell old T parts (but if you want a leather license plate, I'm in D-22).
Steve Hammatt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 10:42 am:

I planned be there Saturday morning late but if everybody is leaving around noon on Saturday I guess I'd better get there early on Friday.
I'll be looking for a '39 to '41 Ford differential housing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 03:02 pm:

Aaron,
Yep, by Late Saturday morning it's all over but the final packing up!
Hmm, '39-41 parts is kinda "new" for this meet, but ya never know!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 02:58 pm:

Well, for me Bakersfield is all over--ain't gonna make it this year, and we were so looking forward to visiting y'all and meeting some of you for the first time. Don't really have much on our "must have list" that won't likely be at Auburn (CA) in a few months, and I haven't organize my "surplus" stuff (like '15 Stanley engine, 20s Buick wheels, etc.) to take them. OH well, there should be next year. And the weather appears to be great this year.
SOMEONE have some Tongue Stew at Wool Growers and think of us. Oh, and Ice Cream at Dewar's. Man, are we missing out this year!! AAAUGh!!
Y'all have a great time, we'll be thinking of you and wishing we were there.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration