OT-trailer roof material question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT-trailer roof material question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 11:19 am:

living in snow country, would the expense put into a one-piece roof be wise, as opposed to standard construction? I already plan for roof bows on 16" centers...

thanks for info/opinion

scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 12:20 pm:

Scott,

Are you building a trailer yourself ?

One piece roofs are becoming a standard item on new manufactured trailers.

A view of my 24 ft. enclosed trailer ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 01:57 pm:

Hello Jim

No, I'm not building myself. I find that it's not entirely consistent among manufacturers, thus the question. If not for the fact that my wife and I want a number of unique features, that trailer you have for sale looks like a dandy.

regards,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 03:37 pm:

Hi Scott,

I included the image just to show what a one piece roof looks like.

All of my car hauler trailers are custom built by Arising Industries in Fitzgerald, GA. & I buy only from Tim the owner of Colony Cargo LLC also in Fitzgerald, GA.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 07:49 pm:

I recommend paying a little extra and get an Aluminum one piece roof vice galv-aluminum that many offer as standard. All aluminum is lighter and provides better corrosion resistance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 05:14 am:

Gentlemen

thank you both for your comments.

regards,

scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 07:48 am:

Jim-
How do you polish your trailer roof? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 07:56 am:

Fred,

I don't ...

It just SHINES with pride ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 08:08 am:

Why would u want to polish the roof of a trailer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 09:11 am:

Richard,

I did not polish it - it just looks like that.

BTW - it is an arduous process to put on a one piece roof.

I have been to the Arising Industries factory in Fitzgerald, GA a few times & watched them do it.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 09:46 am:

I know that. Fred Dimock was the one who was talking about the polish thing.
I bought mine at Palmento, Fl. built at Ocilla, Ga. just south of Fitzgerald, Ga. I picked it up there, since it was close by, then I had clearence light trouble and no one could fix it locally, so I took it back to the factory and they fixed it in 30 minutes. Had trouble with the roof vents. Had to replace both of them. Good people

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration