Touring cam?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Touring cam?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 02:08 pm:

What is a touring cam and what difference is it supposed to make?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

A camshaft typically with higher lift and longer duration than a stock grind. I'd say most would agree that Cams with .251-.280 lift are typical touring grinds

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 04:30 pm:

Thank you Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 07:41 pm:

Glen offered a 270 lift cam called a "Driver Cam".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 10:58 pm:

We have a 270 lift Driver reground cam and a new 280 lift high performance cam both with advance. These are very good touring cams with both a very good low end and a very good high end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 09:10 pm:

I use Glen's 270 reground cam it is very good for the hills and hollers here in KY. A good choice on my part and very reasonable.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration