Omnitrail

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Omnitrail
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 09:22 pm:

Now that I have an omnibus body to work on I have been wondering about the 1918 Omnitrail bodied car listed in Bruce's encyclopedia.

The Ford sales documentation showed them for 1918 & 1919, and as being sold by Ford, not an after market body. The list showed 561 Omnibus vehicles produced total, 85 Omnitrail cars.

This has been discussed before (2007 thread on unusual body styles) in 2007, but no one ever came up with a photograph of the Ford Omnitrail or Omnibus.

If anyone has such a photograph I think many of us would be very interested in seeing it.

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 01:31 pm:

Terry, Bob Wirth, a member of our club The Dairyland Tin Lizzies, has a restored '15 Omnibus.

You can see a picture of it at this link: http://clubs.hemmings.com/dairylandtinlizzies/cars_3.htm

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 05:13 pm:

Keith, thanks. I think I have seen that one posted before. I would love to chat with him as I am planning some small improvements (including getting rid of termites). Wasn't that car an AACA national 1st place?

I think mine was built from the same plans or by the same feller. I wonder what the 1918-1919 Ford Omnibus and 1918 Ford Omnitrail looked like... I bet they used some 1918 body tin and at least the front right passenger door.

I can invision a cool bus based on a touring tub with rear entrance and no rear seat doors... Sort of similar to a shooting brake. It would be nice to see what the factory called an Omnitrail and an Omnibus.

I have written to Trent, but not heard back as yet.

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 06:04 pm:

Hi Terry, I'll check to see if you can call him and let you know.

I'm not sure if that car won an AACA National 1st, but it might have. It is a very nice car.

Keith

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration