26 Tudor Wood Body Blocks

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 26 Tudor Wood Body Blocks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rand Ward Payson, Ut. on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 10:02 pm:

Does anyone know if there is a publication or otherwise that would tell me exactly where all the wood body blocks should be on a 26 Tudor.

Thanks, Rand

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Williams on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 11:36 pm:

Rand, Maybe this will help.
http://www.antiqueautoranch.com/montana500/body%20blocks/BodyBlock.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rand Ward Payson, Ut. on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 12:01 am:

Bob, That does help a bunch. I'll print it out and use it while bolting the body together. I was hoping for a pic That shows the body and the exact placement of the blocks, but this will probably do fine. Thanks, Rand

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A Falconer on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 09:35 pm:

There is no mention of what block 'B' is for... is that used in the rear body of the touring?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 10:02 pm:

That small block 'B' fits to the front of the body, its just there to provide a wood face inside the frame rail to screw the splash shield to the body to prevent gap and rattle there.

'C' blocks are in the sub frame cross members and are over the frame to body brackets.

1926 Runabout body with original wood blocks noted with arrows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 10:29 pm:

Dan, your block "B" is different than my 1927 block "B". Yours appear to be a rectangle shaped block and mine were 2 inches by 2 inches square. They had a flat head wood screw thru the lower riser/sill area to hold them in place. Like you said, it is just to hold the front of the splash apron from rattling. Mine were also original and were glued in place with excess black paint, from the flow on paint technique still being used on black Improved models. (touring and roadsters)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 10:43 pm:

I was having some difficulties in 2010 when I was putting my 1926 coupe back together and several members were nice enough to post some past attachments that were a great help. Hopefully they will help you. I also had a problem with the rear blocks in the kit I received would not fit because they were cut incorrectly which required that I re-cut them so they would fit properly into the designated space without sticking out an inch.

When opening the below attachment, you will see several attachments from Hap Tucker. When opening up Hap Tuckers attachments, be sure to open up the attachments that appear in those attachments. You should eventually find the answers you need. Jim Patrick

www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/125665.html

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration