Lil coupe lasted just 16 years

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Lil coupe lasted just 16 years
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 10:07 pm:

Gone to the boneyard for scrap during WWII

That little coupe gave its all.

Full size:

http://www.shorpy.com/node/20796?size=_original#caption

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 10:12 pm:

It probably helped kill lots of germans and japs...that is giving its all indeed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 10:16 pm:

i always like those big "macho" torches the scrap guys have

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 10:27 pm:

A scrapper's torch keeps the spatter farther away and thus, less burns. A "macho"
torch would be short and burn the hell out of the macho man using it !!! Don't ask me
how I learned this. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 10:34 pm:

An interesting thing here is the boys still wearing knickers as late as 1942. Upper class kids would be my guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Monday, March 28, 2016 - 11:29 pm:

Looks like two oxygen tanks and an acetylene generator being used in the background

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 08:50 am:

I couldn't help noticing the White truck. It looks like levers for maybe a wrecker boom. Is it scrap or are they using it?
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 01:07 pm:

Richard, I'll bet that they're still using it. It's parked in the aisle or roadway, not in with the scrap.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 01:18 pm:

Steve, my mother bought me a pair of knickers in 1947 or 48. No one else at school wore them so I didn't like them and she never bought more than the one pair. We were pretty solidly middle class, though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

My first thought was now days they don't hardly let anyone into a scrap or junk yard let alone a lady with all her children. When I grew up my second home was at the junk yard which was also the scrapper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 01:43 pm:

At Olds we had 4 foot torches we used for scraping and for a time we used Oxygen Lances till we smoked up the building! Removing a plating operation and it was a very large job day after day! At Chevy we were cutting up a entire V-8 engine line when i caught my beard on fire!! That was the last time i shaved in 1976! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration