25 TT closed can mounting

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 25 TT closed can mounting
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 10:18 am:

Hey guys !! Quick question , we set dads TT cab on the frame last night to make some room in the shop , the firewall brackets and all are on , and the front cab holes are lining up , on the rear mounts ,there are double holes in the mounting bracket on the frame , the cab lines up with the holes all the way to the back , aren't those holes supposed to be open for mounting the bed ?? Thanks for reading . I'll try to post pics of this project tonight .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 12:10 pm:

Cab , sorry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 12:33 pm:

Rear of cab and bed all bolt down as one if my memory is correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 05:07 pm:

Of the late model frames, the double hole rear body Mount is this. Front hole is for the Open Cab and the Rear is for the Enclosed. There is a 1 3/4" difference in Cab lengths with the Enclosed being the longest. The Enclosed Cab used a U-bolt clamp around the frame to hold the front of the beds. The rear hole was often used for the front Bed mounts in the Open Cabs since it was available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 05:34 pm:

Fantastic , thank you guys for all the help , I love this forum !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 10:22 pm:

Here are a couple pics of project so far

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 11:44 pm:

And there's another little tidbit of information on TT's that I didn't know!:-) Thanks Fred. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brandon Jungmeyer on Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 07:14 pm:

Travis, I'm getting ready to start on a 26 TT Closed Cab like yours. The only rusted part that needs to be replaced is the rear window panel. I'm new to the Model T and was just wondering if you had to replace yours or if you know where to get one. Lang's said they don't make reproductions of this piece. I do have Model T Haven looking for it for me. Thanks for any information you have. Brandon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 11:16 pm:

Brandon , sorry , I don't know where to get that part , did you try Howells ? Our cab came from out west and other than a couple bullet holes , is in great shape , I'll keep my eyes out for parts , it might be a good idea to post wants in the classifieds , I have found good responses here , good luck on your project , they're a lot of fun .

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration