1914 Upholstery Softening

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1914 Upholstery Softening
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Meixner on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 01:52 pm:

Does anyone have real experience softening leatherette upholstery? Everyone knows of saddle soap on leather, but what works on leatherette? Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 02:03 pm:

Gunk type hand cleaner has a lot of Lanolin in it and believe it or nor,it works.Many paper towels to wipe it off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 05:11 pm:

I have had good luck with glycerin on our 16 car sat over 70 years I gave it at least 5 coats last year and I think that's why the seats are holding up as good as they are.they were so hard I dident want to sit on them. Your post motivated me to give them another coat. The seats will never be perfect but I think it helps. I mixed with water and brushed on heavy I got the glycerin from Amazon the stuff works good for hard leather if you have a lot of patience

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 05:36 pm:

Paul,

You may have better results if you take it out of the bottle before applying it to your seat! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 05:49 pm:

Jack knows the old detailers trick. FYI on 60's and 70's cars we would use GoJo on the dash pads to remove "sunburn" and de-gloss them if someone had used Armorall on them. His hand cleaner method really works well.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration