Roof!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Roof!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 01:58 pm:

So purty, I just had to post a picture of it.1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 02:18 pm:

Tom
Where can I buy a cover casting like that. I have a low performance version (single intake port) version called a "Laurel 40". I had it on a 4 door, sold that and ultimately got the head back. Now building a new engine for it (pressure oiled drilled T crank) which is getting a 4 speed transmission.
I picked up a Rajo cover, but it would sure be nice to have Roof cover!!!
And yes yours looks GREAT!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 03:24 pm:

Les, I got the casting from Dan McEachern. It was not polished when I got it from him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 03:37 pm:

Tom
Thx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 03:48 pm:

I did one of them and it was dynoed at 90hp when it was done, have no ideal what the rest of the drive line is but I hope he beefs that up to take it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 04:32 pm:

I have elected to use the Watts clutch on some past high performance T engines. I found that the clutch would slip if I "stood on it" in the 1500-2500 rpm range. From there up to 4500 rpm it stayed locked up. I was using T springs and at 4500 rpm the valves would float, so I had a built in rev limiter ( this was a Sherman head flathead. Top speed of around 100 mph with standard T axle ratio and Warford in straight through.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 06:41 pm:

WOW, Tom that head outta shine right thru the louvers!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 07:28 pm:

Gene, no hood sides with that head. Gotta be able to see it all of the time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 01:00 am:

Les- sent you an e-mail. Tom- nice polish job- the cover looks very nice. Although this cover was made for the Liberty 8 head, it can be modified slightly to fit the single intake 8 valve head. Actually, I think the single port head has the best shaped combustion chamber of any of the over heads. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 06:27 am:

Dan
Got it thx
Tom
Can you provide some guidance on the technique you used to achieve such a nice job please???
Rajo valve cover casting now for sale!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 10:14 am:

To polish it I used a special technique that I developed over time. It basically involves putting it into a box and then shipping it to Magmasters in Pamona, CA. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 10:32 am:

Tom
Hm. Sounds like a very effective method!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration