Grease

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Grease
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 08:25 pm:

Is fibrous wheel bearing grease still available? If so where can I find it?

Thanks,
Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 08:50 pm:

Have U tried NAPA? How U doing??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 09:16 pm:

No, I have not tried nappa yet. When I go there the next time I'll look for it. I'm doing fine and my generator is working perfectly.

Thank you,
Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 10:02 pm:

I don't think they are made any more. You might try eBay. Why would you want it? Modern greases are far superior. Long fibre wheel bearing grease and the like turns to soap in the presence of water.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 10:25 am:

It is still available. I bought some a while back from Chaffin, Sta-Lube brand. Says on the can, heavy duty fiberous drum brake. Use it all the time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 12:44 pm:

I wonder if the seal was new would #600 wt stay in a front wheel? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 01:21 pm:

Kenneth, I doubt it because the inner bearing is not sealed to the hub.

Stephen

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration