Repro Cast Bronze Double Wishbone Accy purchase at Chickasha

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Repro Cast Bronze Double Wishbone Accy purchase at Chickasha
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 08:35 pm:

I bought one but have no information on it. Not even the builder's name. If I had instructions on how to adapt an under-the-axle wishbone, I don't have them anymore. My question is where do I cut a later wishbone to incorporate it into this 3 piece bronze thingy to augment the original wishbone on my '14 runabout? Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 08:41 pm:

George, I have never personally never installed one of these clamps but, I did buy one once for a friend for his 13 touring car. At first he tried to install the clamp with an old Ford wishbone but, it did not work out. He said that the tie rod rubbed on the lower wishbone so he and his neighbor made their own wishbone out of 7/8 round stock with plates welded onto the ends which were attached to the bottoms of the spring perches. The plates had a slight bend in the them to prevent the tie rod from rubbing on the wishbone. I drove the car a few times after that and it made a big improvement in how the car steered. Hope this helps.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 08:47 pm:

Bill at Antique T Motor Sports (562-691-1081) makes and sells a bronze double wishbone Accy. Is it one of his? If not, maybe similar enough to use same instructions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 09:04 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 09:11 pm:

Mine doesn't look like this one but the idea is the same. Huge difference in handling. Only problem is spring perch bolt is not long enough to fully use the nut as it should be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 09:17 pm:

Richard, drive shaft pinion nuts work just fine.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 09:36 pm:

I have two of them,and they are easily fitted. Stephen is correct on nuts.I got that tip from Fred Houston,years ago.Cut the old ball off bottom one just at base of neck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 11:42 am:

Thanks to all for the picture, name and phone number of inventor and Jack's advice on exactly where to cut the later wishbone. Thanks to Stephen, Ed, Terry and Richard !!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration