Viet Nam Veterans Day

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Viet Nam Veterans Day
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 05:30 am:

March 29th was our day. Did anyone see anything about this in the media? I was tied up and missed the news. Just curious.
Crew Chief/Door Gunner
271ST ASHC (Chinook Helicopter Company)
Can Tho, RVN
'70-'71
Welcome Home RVN Vets
Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 07:21 am:

Yes I saw a good clip on our news last night. Very well done. About time.
Thank you for your service over there. It was just as important as any other conflict necessary to protect freedom, be it ours or any other country's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 07:22 am:

David,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE and all the other vets too!

This posting is the very first time I have ever heard of Viet Nam Veterans Day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 08:35 am:

My loving wife told me about it...Nothing on the news here around Houston.
LRRP
K Co. 75th Ranger BN.
Pleiku
67-68

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Benedict, Humboldt, TN on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 08:48 am:

I didn't see or hear anything around here either. They sure had enough negative news about us while we were there and the people let us know personally how they felt when we returned home. Few cared about us during the "WAR" and fewer care today. Try to get VA Medical benefits.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 09:14 am:

Dave, I spent several fun filled days at Can Tho as well as many other in country bases in 1968 as a member of a team helping recover damaged aircraft. I had not heard about Viet Nam Vetrans day, thanks for the info. Harv

Aircraft - air frame mechanic
460th field maintenance squadron
Tan Son Nhut air base - Saigon
1967-68

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 09:23 am:

Hey guys....

WELCOME HOME...

US Navy Seabee
8th ARVN SF (where Air America was our best and only customer). :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Adkisson on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 09:58 am:

Operation LZ last August...
Bronze star, silver star, letter of Merit, and Purple Heart on display...NVA hat and poncho from one of my ambushes with bullet holes and blood, holster from cache in Cambodia....I was a good soldier

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Adkisson on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 10:02 am:

Operation LZ last August...
Bronze star, silver star, letter of Merit, and Purple Heart on display...NVA hat and poncho from one of my ambushes with bullet holes and blood, holster from cache in Cambodia....I was a good soldier with the 9th Inf. 5/60

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 10:12 am:

Yes, Bret Baier on FNC's Special Report closed with a tribute to Vietnam veterans and explained the day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 10:14 am:

Thank you ALL for your service and sacrifice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Adkisson on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 10:40 am:

for all you who still dont want to talk about Viet Nam....check out my link of pictures!
https://picasaweb.google.com/114825408614784225184/Nam6970

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 11:12 am:

Didn't see a thing on the news.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Wightman on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 11:28 am:

Great photos Greg, thanks for sharing. I love the claymore with the 2 plastic spoon trigger.

All I saw on TV was the documentary on PBS about the 41st anniversary of the Fall of Saigon. Was so long ago but seems like yesterday to me. Thanks for your service Vets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 11:57 am:

Not a peep here that I saw so I'll make my own. Homestead AFB Fla. '68. The best S++t on a shingle (midnight chow only) until I recently found a place at Smithville Historical Village N.J. that serves it and it's darn close. Sunday mornings only. Worth the trip down memory lane.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 12:01 pm:

Thanks for your service and photos Greg, Welcome Home. My pictures were given to a buddy on R & R to develop and I think he trashed them and drank the money and I lost some great shots of my time there 68-69 as a USMC cannon cocker.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 02:08 pm:

First I've heard or seen of it, too. Nothing in Houston news except Trump and Cruz.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 02:32 pm:

Thanks David for bringing up the subject, some recognition is better late than never. The protesters at LA-X seemed to have forgot that we were American's too. "I wished my head could forget what my eyes have seen". USMC 1967 Viet Nam Combat Veteran, Semper Fi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 03:20 pm:

I was there. I came home! I'm told we won the battles but lost the war. I say we won the battles and the war. Then the ARVN's and South Vietnamese Government lost their war.

I wonder what life could have been if I'd have been allowed to stay home! But, it didn't happen that way. I still hate that war.

Morrison County Courthouse in Little Falls MN wants to hold a ceremony toward the end of April to present me with my 2nd Bronze Star (Oak Leaf Cluster).

I found out about it being Viet Nam Veteran Day last night. I find it a little strange that after 40+ years we might get some recognition that doesn't involve having people spit at me and throw rocks at me and accuse me of things I didn't do.

Hell, if they keep this kind of recognition going they might screw up and quit treating the vets like they're a burden on society. Oh wait, this is the Proggressive Administration we all wanted and voted in. Never mind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 07:58 pm:

USN on the carrier Oriskany CVA 34 as E-5, ETR 2 in 1969 supporting our ground troops. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS------Past, Present, and Future and those who supported us while we were overseas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 08:30 pm:

My uncle went to a reunion in 2013 with the folks he served with and this cake was made up for them.
He now has a shadow box with all his metals in it. Once the group he was in started getting together, someone found out he was owed 2 more metals. I have forgot what he does have but seems like 3 bronze stars and several other type metals.
He still has the burnt orange Mach 1 mustang he bought new when he came home.
I have a stack of the letters he sent home while he was over there. I was lucky to be able to save them from the trailer my mother lost to foreclosure. It was odd reading some of them as the 1's he wrote my mother he was joking about my dad driving a Chevy truck instead of a Ford and such stuff while in a war zone. Not much mentioned about what was actually going on where he was.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration