Barn fresh -Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Barn fresh -Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 07:13 am:

Must be just out of the barn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 07:18 am:

And as usual, front fenders are all beat up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 07:43 am:

Don't bother fixin' it just inspect for safety and re-build the rear end good to go!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 08:31 am:

I don't recall seeing one in that configuration before. Let's see 15,000,000 plus T's I guess Ill never see them all.

Electrified headlamps. But notice the front door has a door handle coming out of the side similar to the rear door handle. It appears to be a 1911 to early 1912 body style with the step in the front seat but the smooth rear door. It still has the two piece dash. It appears to have a Fore door style set of front doors (would likely be false door on drivers side for USA). But were they supplied by Ford or an aftermarket company? A photo of a similar early 1912 with the 1911 style body (or there is always the chance late 1911 and the owner added the doors supplied by Ford) is located at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/358409.html?1367234154

I don't recall seeing any other early 1912s with a door handle coming out of the front door.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 08:46 am:

That made me look twice too Hap.
Perhaps it was a custom modification?
The front door handle looks like a repeat of the rear handle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 10:01 am:

Looks like a one-piece spindle.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 10:28 am:

Maybe, at one time, it had a California top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 10:49 am:

I agree that it has 1-piece spindles. I'd take a guess that it's an '11 with accessory fore-doors added to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 10:54 am:

The fore-doors on this car are after-market.

They do not look like any of the production factory-supplied, nor the Ford supplied after-market fore-doors that I have researched. Notice the height of the fore-door. It is about even with the side of the seat and the rear doors. The "kick panel" is higher than the dash and about half way up the windshield spacer board.

Along with the rumpled front fender and electrified headlamps, it looks to me like it has upholstery covers too. That tells me the photo is of a car that has been used and updated through the years. It looks like there are a lot of extra fasteners on the firewall.

Nice photo, Herb.

: ^ )

Keith
aka Mr. Fore-door

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 02:41 pm:

i have a set of doors that look like that but no door handle. has 13 handle & hinge. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 07:30 pm:

The fore-doors on the car above look like the Irvin type.

Charley-
I'd love to see some pictures or your fore-doors.

-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 07:58 pm:

keith. send e-mail cant post here. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

Looks like someone was clawing at the radiator in an effort to keep the T from crushing him against the back wall of the barn. LOL!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration