Thought to be an auxiliary T trans what is it really??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Thought to be an auxiliary T trans what is it really??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 08:46 am:

I acquired this transmission yesterday it appeared from the description and initial photos that it was likely a differential-mounted auxiliary Model T transmission. On closer inspection I doubt that very much, but there are similarities to a T and I'm very curious where such a device might be used.

Length, rear flange to ball centre: 32", rear flange bolt centre dia 5.75", flange inner dia (fits into a hole of) 4.75", Pinion gear is 12 tooth and larger than T pinion, ball diameter 4", universal drive 0.875" square. Gearing is 3 speeds (direct / 1.5:1 / 2.5:1) plus reverse.

Whattheheckisthisthinganyway?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 08:59 am:

Well it looks factory made.
Maybe it is from a short wheelbase vehicle like a factory tug.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 09:03 am:

looks like overland to me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 10:21 am:

Yes, it's an Overland transmission, with the odd addition of a Model T torque tube section & ball.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 10:42 am:

Well, thanks very much. This forum and members are such a great resource!

What year(s) of Overland might this transmission fit, and any leads on who might want to give it a new home?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 10:58 am:

it is about 1913& i run a overland parts department. i would find a home for it. i do not sell just for spares, you must realy need it. thats the way it is!!!!!!! charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 11:03 am:

and i would say it was in some kind or tractor , with an overland rear end& and a t motor like to have the rear end to.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 07:04 pm:

Thanks Charlie, PM sent.

By the way, I showed your profile pic to my bride. She said "he sure looks like a Charlie", and we both agreed you look like you're not always a shaver!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration