October 1926 Kelly Blue Book check your model T value :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: October 1926 Kelly Blue Book check your model T value :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 09:21 pm:

I found this blue book at Chickasha. Thought some may be interested in the value of their car. It only covers 1922 to 1926. I guess those old brass cars you guys have are not worth anything .... :-) I only copied the cover sheet and the Ford pages. The book covers all kinds of cars....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 09:29 pm:

My '22 Touring has the lowest cash value of any of the cars in the book. Boy, I feel fortunate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 09:44 pm:

Michael, If this is any consulation. Look at the poor guy who bought a "Roamer -4" touring. Look at the factory list price and the value of his car. You talk about depreciation ... wow ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 09:52 pm:

Now I feel a lot better. I could get back 10% of my original purchase cost back. That poor guy is getting <1%. Now look at today's values. That Roamer probably has a lot more value than a '22 touring. How can a guy win?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 10:30 pm:

Mike,

We're all losers. Just get your head around that. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 11:01 pm:

That Roamer turns out to be a good looking car.
http://farm9.static.flickr.com/8067/8212039907_4ec08d90c2.jpg
I'd be willing to pay twice the Blue Book price for one in good shape!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 11:06 pm:

You know Burger, I feel enlightened now that you've explained that to me. That little gem will undoubtedly take me over the rough spots for the rest of my miserable existence. When asked why that little cloud seems to be hanging just over my head I'll explain; Burger says "we're all losers!" It's almost like we've achieved a certain destiny. When asked; why? I'll simply reply; "we're all losers!" Oh hell, now I seem to be obsessing about being "a loser!" But, there's always a chance, someone else might be a bigger loser than me. Isn't life grand? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 - 11:44 pm:

What we used to say in racing was; "Second place was First place looser". Sort of like Model A vs. Model T. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 12:10 am:

Mike,

That's what I do, Sir. .... help, whenever possible.

Most people would be pretty offended to be called a "maggot". To a Marine, it is a term of
endearment and belonging.

Same basic idea. Who the hell cares what the rest of the stupid drones in this world think of
you/me/us ? We know that what we have and do is as good as it gets. Their loss. I'll wear
maggot or "loser" any time with pride. At least I'm not some vinyl siding, mall life drone !

F#@% 'em !!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 12:27 am:

But why would the more practical Touring cars be priced lower than the runabouts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 08:59 am:

Tim, the Roamer is a nice looking car. It must have been the brass radiator that did it in. They appear to have kept the brass radiator longer than the model T did.... Roger my thoughts (also worth very little) about the touring cars being worth less, is that since there may have been more of them out there, that would keep the resale value lower . ?????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 09:29 am:

Yep, Tn. still uses the blue book. If you buy an antique car and try and tag it with out an affidavit signed from the previous owner stating the price they will get the book out and you will pay the sales, pardon me, use tax of 9&3/4 %. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 09:37 am:

Those darn hotrodders driving up the value of Roadster bodies must have started earlier than I thought. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 02:55 am:

I could get 125 bucks for my '24 runabout? Not bad.
I've only a couple hundred more in it.
OR
I thought a thou maybe...... :-/
Awesome thread!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 09:10 am:

Wow that is one neat book, and one neat looking Roamer. And as far as being a loser, well, every morning I thank God for my having woke up again, that makes me a winner!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 12:12 am:

T trucks aren't even worthy of listing. Guess that makes guys like me the biggest losers ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 12:35 am:

Burger, maybe trucks back then took such a terrible beating in their day to day use, it was impossible to put a value on them. Or it could just be, they really hate people like you. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 04:53 am:

Here is a quote from an Australian Ford dealer in his local newspaper showing what he values an 11 year old Ford in 1925.

Its still worth about 1/4 of the price of a new one after that time.

This is partly because a Ford had a fixed price for repairs and all the parts were kept locally for it repair. Something most other more expensive makes were not able to do especially away from the city.

11 years ford

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration