Hood shelves & Radiator?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Hood shelves & Radiator?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Letcher - Eugene Oregon on Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 03:41 pm:

Got a new hood and am attempting to install. it sits way too high for the latches to connect. Looking at everything I see where the hood shelves (all wood) extend under the radiator mounting bracket making the radiator sit about 3/4" higher, about the same distance as what I'm lacking to get the latches to work. I suspect this is not correct?

This is on the 13 pie wagon?

Rod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 03:45 pm:

Rod,

I think you're correct... and it isn't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 04:16 pm:

Rod, with the pre 26 model T's the radiator does not sit on the hood shelves. On your 13 the radiator should sit directly on the frame with a leather pad between them.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Letcher - Eugene Oregon on Thursday, March 31, 2016 - 04:34 pm:

Thanks for the replies, I guess that explains the hood fit problem. The previous hood was some home made concoction that didn't fit well either.

Rod

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration