OT - But Wow!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - But Wow!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 07:47 am:

LONG LIVE THE KING!
(AP Wire March 31, 2016, Branson Mo)
Elvis fans can decide to either rejoice or be very angry. Yes, what you're heard is true, folks: The death of Elvis, as it occurred in August of 1977, was an elaborately detailed hoax perpetrated by the King of Rock and Roll for the purposes of a secluded and peaceful retirement—and perhaps, not to mention, wildly inflating the price of all things Elvis. His home, the world famous Graceland, is host to over 140,000 visitors each year and the revenues generated by that institution as well as other merchandise had made Elvis one of the wealthiest departed of all time. Well, that's all over now.
__Yesterday evening, at the Wayne Newton Theater in Branson, Missouri, a portly and graying Elvis Presley decided to return. He interrupted the last few minutes of Wayne Newton's act and asked (asked, mind you!) to sing the closing song. A thoroughly stunned Newton wordlessly passed the microphone to Presley, who, after briefly conferring with musical director, Hank Stamos, performed his traditional show-closer of "Can't Help Falling in Love" and "My Way" and then, also in keeping with tradition—left the building. His parting words to the wildly appreciative audience, "Let's play it cool and keep it quiet and we'll do this again some time. Adios."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 07:53 am:

I know what the date is today so your not fooling me! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 07:54 am:

He did that last night? Huh, he must have caught quite a flight to get there. He was at Walmart at 6:00 PM last night too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 08:08 am:

I was in the front row last night with Scarlett Johansson by my side .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 04:16 pm:

Sven Johansson was scarlet after falling into a vat of barn paint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 04:46 pm:

Elvis looks pretty good for being 81 years old, wonder what his secret is? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 07:30 pm:

Well it was quite the evening ...

Scarlett's husband called while we were parking the car & seemed quite upset with her - I guess those French guys are kinda jealous ...

I saw my friend Matthew McConaughey sitting in his Lincoln - I tried to get him engaged in conversation but he seemed to be pre-occupied with his car ....

Elvis was a surprise for sure but I can say the years have not been kind to the King ....

Freighter Jim

(Message edited by enclosed_ford_transport on April 01, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 01:10 am:

I don't think so! He would be over 80 by now and that picture looks no older than mid 60's
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 03:13 pm:

I hope he rerecords his last hit, "IF I could get dug up!" that he recorded after his daughter married Michel jackson. Google it,it is a funny song.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration