Model T runs on wind

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model T runs on wind
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 07:52 am:

Today I went out for coffee and my engine died on my touring about 6 miles from home. Not able to start it again I came up with the idea of raising my top straight up in the air and secured it to the windshield with my boot laces. It was windy enough for me to just sail the car home so I can work on it this weekend. At one point I caught a gust of wind and was going 55 MPH.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 07:58 am:

Isn't life grand? Did you have the windwings out?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 08:17 am:

Must have been some strong BEANS in that coffee.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 08:38 am:

That time of year again !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 09:01 am:

It must have been very hard to stop with the wind motor pushing you 55 MPH! How were you able to accomplish that? Do you wear spurs in Ohio?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 10:49 am:

Just think how much faster you could have gone if you didn't have it in gear!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 10:58 am:

Actually not so far fetched......

Ford already had perfected "wind propulsion" as evidenced by this 1906 Ford N. Notice the sense of euphoria experienced by the passenger as the N glides silently along, pushed by the wind.

Disregard the gentleman with a period correct solo cup to the left of the photo.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 11:31 am:

What an amazing coincidence! Just today I ran out of gasoline in my T. As I was pondering my next move, a friendly ranch dog came along to check me out. he started barking then went into a howl. Next thing I knew, another ranch dog came along with a long length of rope. Seeing this I figured I would tie the rope to the front of my car and wait for a passing neighbor to pull me home. As I waited more ranch dogs showed up. Before long the dogs grabbed the rope in their mouths and started pulling. Soon, these friendly working dogs had pulled me up my driveway right to my garage door.

Fortunately I had a good supply of dog treats to pass out the these four legged good samaritans, who wagged me a salute and ran off. I guess it pays to toot and wave whenever you see a friendly dog in a field or along your path. Honest!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 12:32 pm:

Now that does sound "Far Fetched".
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 12:39 pm:

Is anything ever near fetched?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 01:20 pm:

Many tools are near fetched but sometimes its really hard to find them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Sommers on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 01:27 pm:

Interesting... This morning I went fishing in a creek near my house. I threw my line in, and after a couple of minutes I reeled in an old 1914 Model T running light. Upon further examination, I was amazed to see that the kerosene wick was still burning! Dennis, if you slow down your wind powered Model T, I will blow out the light in my lantern...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 06:58 pm:

We have had a few cats that would play fetch when they were young. But after they grow up they quit doing that.
Maybe I should have waited until tomorrow to post my reply?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 07:02 pm:

You guys are a little to windy for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 07:56 pm:

Steve, there's fetchin' and totin' .... and methinks someone is totin' a big pail of something !!

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 09:54 pm:

I run out of gas about two miles from home by a pond that had ducks on it, I got some fat meat out of my manafold cooker and tied a string to it, and throwed it out to the ducks, one ate it and pooped it out and another duck ate it and pooped it out and so on and so on. Pretty soon I had them all strung up, I tied the string to the car and they pulled me home. that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 11:04 pm:

This morning Dad found a sick old mangy dog on the place that was as mean a dog as you'll ever see. And he was tough. So Dad threw him in the T, drove him about 20 miles out of town and threw him out. Then headed home. As he pulled up in the yard the dog was sitting on the porch. He was a tough dog.

So he put the dog in a burlap bag with a big old cinder block, threw the dog into the T and drove down to the river bridge and threw the bag, with the dog in it over the side. When he got home, the dog was sitting on the porch dripping wet. Boy that dog was tough.

So he grabbed his old model 12 and threw the dog and the shotgun in the T and took off. About 5 miles down the road he stopped, drug the dog out into the woods, took aim at the dog with the shotgun and blew the dogs head clean off. Then he headed home. And when he got there, sure as hell, there was the dog on the porch with his head in his mouth!!!

That dog is tough!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 12:07 am:

Mike,
Maybe it's time to get a faster car.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 12:20 am:

I laughed and I laughed and I laughed, guess I woke up the wife. She comes into the computer room here an says "what's wrong with you"??? I said, you won't believe this "T" Forum, there's people out there "goofier" than me, she says "NO WAY". Then she starts reading your posts, we're both laughing our butts off and it's almost midnight. This posting is a "classic", I needed that !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 12:21 am:

OK, I wasn't going to put this here, but I still have 40 mins of April fools day (central time U.S.).

This one is true (at least as true as a news article may or may not be). Jerome Harrington owned fast cars. Unlike in Mike's story above, the problem wasn't a car the dogs could beat back home. The problem was in rural 1906 Oklahoma Indian Territory, Mr. Harrington's car was too fast:

He ran that poor old boys hounds to death........

And the car?

You guessed it:

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 12:28 am:

John,
Just wait till we get to drinkin......

Happy April Fools Day

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration