Model G carb question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model G carb question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 11:36 am:

I have a G that appears to be all brass, but on closer inspection only the body is brass; the bowl and cover plate are steel and brass PLATED. I wasn't aware that this was ever the case. Anyone else have or seen one like this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 11:56 am:

The 1915 and later G carbs had raven finish or zinc plated bowls. Never seen one brass plated but maybe that was also a possibility? Brass plating does not hold up well over time, might be something that would be found on a drawing from 1915 - 20?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 11:19 am:

The plating is clearly old; rust is starting to come through over the lettering on the cover plate but the rest is in good shape. I've never seen this before and was wondering if anyone else had. Thanks for your insight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 09:40 am:

I saw a '16 touring once which had brass-plated cowl lamps. It had been in storage for about 60 or 70 years, so the plating was done a long time ago. But I'm pretty sure Ford didn't make them that way. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration