MAC's has done it again.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: MAC's has done it again.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 04:24 pm:

Ebay is flooded again with their crap, cup holders,etc. I called them and talked to a supervisor, I said it was B/S and I will never buy from them again.Maby they will get the hint if others from the forum do the same. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 04:44 pm:

I set my Ebay Model T search criteria to filter them out. How? On the Categories/Condition/Price/etc. block on the left hand side of the page, scroll down and click on "More Refinement...". A new window will pop up with additional search criteria. One of the options is to exclude specific sellers from your search, like so:

screen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 05:19 pm:

Mark, Thanks for the tip,but when I get to that point it won't let me type in anything. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 05:19 pm:

Ya, I quit checking Ebay so often just because of the parts book ads that takes up the whole search.

I'll have to filter my search as well, Thanks I've never tried that

Maybe the same for Hot Rods too?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 05:23 pm:

Here's the wording in my saved Ebay search line:

model t ford -fits -fit's -cd -decal -sign -fiberglass -winterization -bucket -chevy -taurus -mustang -alternator -H@T -radio -triangulated -Trailer-Mate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 05:48 pm:

I change the "condition" to "used" and it gets rid of all the stuff I don't care about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 06:18 pm:

I'm with Royce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 06:21 pm:

Thanks for the tip, it cleared Mac's right out of my search.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 06:43 pm:

That is annoying, but at least Mac's has T parts. Unless you have a Ruckstell or an auxillary transmission you don't need one of those 100s of gearshift knobs that clog up Ebay when you search for T parts. Probably don't need a steering wheel spinner knob either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 07:42 pm:

I just got a great T parts catalog from Mac's. Really well done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 09:19 pm:

I, too, noticed that at one time this afternoon, 99% of the first 10 pages of "Model T-fits" were items listed by Macs, but it didn't "tie my underwear in a wad", because some items, listed were things on my 'want list'. Now, I normally wouldn't buy from Mac's, but if they are cheaper on the price, I might, so I saved them to MY Ebay Summary.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration