Some photos from Boise

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Some photos from Boise
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 05:38 pm:

I want to thank the Boise folks for getting us into the Yanke Museum. It was opened especially for those of us attending the MTFCA Annual Meeting.

Not a Model K but a Seagraves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 05:40 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 05:46 pm:

Very interesting. Thanks for posting. Are they normally open for visitors or just open for MTFCA private tour?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 06:33 pm:

I had never heard of this Museum. It looks like they are preparing to keep it open on a regular basis. At present it is only open for special groups as far as I know.

Some non-T's:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 06:36 pm:

Great pics, thanks Richard! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Eliason...........Whittier, CA on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 06:45 pm:

Seagrave F-6.
1,013 cubic inch straight 6.
Schebler updraft carb.
4 sparkplugs per cylinder, 2 on mag, 2 on distributor.
79.3HP IIRC, and more torque than a young man should be allowed to play with.

Seagrave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 07:11 pm:

They have Ed Towes Old MT500 car? interesting...
Here's Ed with Dave Huson posing with a photo Of Ed's Model T. Ed was the founder of the Montana 500 and he started the Towe Museum in Deer Lodge, MT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael J. Wilcox on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

You can spend a whole day in the museum. There are so many cars, motorcycles, tractors etc. that it's hard to believe. I have lived in Boise all my life and didn't know about it until our antique car club at the Shrine, arranged a tour two years ago. There is even a WWII landing craft in the parking lot. At that time you had to call and make an appointment to get in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 08:23 pm:

Seems like quite a few of those cars were in the Towe Museum in Deer Lodge before the IRS sale - can't remember the year but I was there along with Bob Bergstadt (sp) Sr.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 11:23 pm:

There were several Montana Historical plates on vehicles. An auction would explain them coming to Idaho.

At Dinner tonight. L to R: Jennifer Hollandbeck (VF Editor) Rich Eagle (ne'er-do-well) Ed Archer (Hall of Fame Racer) and Keith Gumbinger (MTFCA Director).

It was a place to meet some nice people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 11:41 pm:

Hi Rich, It was really good to meet and visit with you and Ed tonight. The whole day today was great, from our all day MTFCA Directors meeting to the nice reception tonight.

Tomorrow we're visiting more museums and having our Annual Membership meeting in the Evening & it promises to be another great day.

Lest I forget, the weather is great...lots of sunshine and temps in the 60's.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 01:19 am:

Rich, looks like you've got some more models for future paintings! Thanks for sharing!
For some reason I just flashed on Monty getting his fortune told, "I see a foreign model in your future!" As he happily leaves the joint, there's a guy on the front porch, hands him a box, and says, "It's a Ferrari, snap-together!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 09:03 am:

lol David. We are going to the Snake River Birds of Prey and the Warhawks Air Museum today. Many of us have already seen a Bald Eagle. (:0)
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 01:26 pm:

Uh, you mean a "balding Eagle?"
:-)
BTW, Wear a hat, the reflection might attract a raptor!
:-)
(at least that's what I'd do!
Heh heh heh)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 02:41 pm:

I thought I saw those same faces on the wall in the post office.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 11:18 pm:

I did wear a hat today. A busy day with great weather and wonderful folks. No pictures but a fantastic week end.
Thanks MTFCA
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sayer on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 11:55 pm:

Thank you Idaho Club for being wonderful host! Also for sharing your beautiful city.

Eric and Jennifer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 12:07 am:

I agree completely. We had a great time in Boise and enjoyed seeing their beautiful city. A big thank you to the Western Idaho Model T Club for hosting this.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 12:06 pm:

A little more on the Yanke Museum. Carl Yanke developed potato machinery starting in the 40's. J. R. Simplot became very successful growing and marketing potatoes. In later years the two of them and a 3rd fellow spent some of their surplus dollars at auctions in Montana and elsewhere. Carl's son Ron was building a museum to put the Yanke treasures in when he passed several years ago. There is talk of combining the collections of all three of these people. It would be a great one if it can come together. There is a vast collection of farm equipment as well.

Mike Robison mentioned Ed Towe's MT500 car. His picture has Circle on the splash apron rather than Deer Lodge. Circle is where Ed lived previous to moving his Ford collection from Helena's Capitol housing to the penitentiary in Deer Lodge.

These are MT500 pictures I took at the Hebgen Lake Narrows in 1963. The first one is Ed Towe's car I believe. Nicer than the later car but probably not as fast. The cars were a little different in those early Race days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 01:02 pm:

Great pictures Richard. Do you perhaps have more? May I post these to the Montana 500 site?

Number 21 is indeed Ed Towe. Number 14 is Bill Walters. Number 8 is Ken Cook. Walters and Cook were both from Bozeman.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 01:09 pm:

I don't believe I've seen Ed Archer wearing modern clothes before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 01:47 pm:

Here are the rest that I took. Not that great. Yes, I would be happy if you can use them Tom. I can send you the larger scans if you like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 01:55 pm:

What year is the Blue Model N (Second photo)? Also does anyone know Serial E ?

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 01:58 pm:

Meant to say Serial #

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 02:07 pm:

Maybe Rob Heyen can tell us why that crank handle on the N is hanging down instead of being up at attention.

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 02:40 pm:

Don, the side door was open so I got these photos. 6374 as I read it. The Placard said 1908 I believe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 02:44 pm:

For Terry and Rob. {:0)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Morrison on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 03:46 pm:

Love the pics, especially that old paddy wagon!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 04:38 pm:

Thanks Richard

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 05:49 pm:

John, here is the back of the paddy wagon. Also the wheel on a military '17 touring, a touring with outside door handles and an unusual fender brace.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration