1914 Brass T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1914 Brass T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 08:48 pm:

Last night I saw a 1914 Brass T on eBay with a Buy Now of $12,000 in West Virginia. Pictures looked like a very nice car?

It was gone this AM already.

Did anyone here buy it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 09:28 pm:

This is that one.

Has a starter, and a spare wheel and tire in the back seat!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1914-Ford-Model-T-/252339189304?forcerrptr=true&hash=ite m3ac0967638%3Ag%3AKkoAAOSwAvJW%7EXVQ&item=252339189304&nma=true&si=0cxjpnDCZaNFO zHiwB3SGGvKxVo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 10:08 pm:

Hmmmmmmm....
Listing ended, but not sold. 0 feedback, new seller. Absolutely no description other than photos.
Scam? Hijacked account? Sold outside of eBay and listing pulled? Listing ended by eBay for listing violation?

If it's a scam or hijacked account, the photos were pulled from the web and will show up on a Google search from some other site like Hemmings or CL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, April 01, 2016 - 11:27 pm:

Robert, I just looked at the listing and it says it was sold. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 09:15 am:

Somebody got a pretty nice brass car to start out in the hobby or to expand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 09:21 am:

Robert,

It is unfortunate that we do need to be diligent to avoid scams etc. but scams are a fact of life. From the photos it looks like an older restoration with a later 1926-27 engine & transmission. Also a later rear axle.

Notice the photos were taken on a Ford Dealer’s show room (you can see the Ford decal in the show room window). The listing has the Ford Dealer’s name, address, and phone number. They are located in Elkins, West Virginia, United States. And their name…Elkins Fordland. And a quick Google search brings up the same dealer in West Virginia. So in this case – yes, they had the car in the location they are advertising from.

I suspect they possibly had it as a trade in or perhaps they listed it on consignment for a friend. Clearly not their normal product range and they just needed to move it on.

If it runs and drives as well as it looks it should make someone a nice driver. And at that price $12K – I think it was a good buy for someone. [If the engine, transmission, and rear axle need rebuilding or replacing then not as good a purchase. But it is hard to get a warranty on a Ford car that is over 100 years old even if it is sold by a Ford dealer.] And if they ever wanted to go back to closer to the way it was originally produced, 1914 parts are still plentiful (ok compared to the really early parts).

If the new owner spots this posting – congratulations on your new T. And if you haven’t joined the forum, I would encourage you to do so.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 02:57 pm:

Wasn't me...!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 03:54 pm:

I wonder if they offered "used car" financing??
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 07:49 pm:

Somebody got a good deal!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration