Ray Elkins

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Ray Elkins
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 03:03 am:

What ever happened to Ray Elkins? I recall that for some reason, he became somewhat disgruntled with the hobby, or the forum, or something, and as far as I know, has not been heard from since,....??? And that was at least several years ago. He had a very solid TT, just full of "patina" that Ray enjoyed preserving, and he sure seemed to think a lot of that truck, plus, he was re-wooding a Model T and I don't know what he was more talented at,....the re-wooding of the Model T, or his excellent photography and posting of same on the forum. I sure did enjoy his posts. Anybody know anything about him of late,.....???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 06:09 am:

Harold, the last I knew maybe Mack Cole had talked to him and that was a few years ago. I had his number and tried to call several time to no avail. Ray is a very talented person and I wish he would get back in touch. He brought his truck here once for a relay for life car show and seemed to have a great time. I would go see him if I could get hold of him as it's not that far. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 06:58 am:

I know he had a TT But if I remember correctly he started to show an interest in in home built aircraft and flying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 08:03 am:

If he stayed interested, maybe you can track him down on the Experimental Aircraft Association website.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 08:45 am:

Yea when I left Chickasha in 2008 I went to his place and spent a day or 2 and got to drive his TT and such. He had several old cars and was doing alot of neat remodeling on his house. He and John Sizemore had done some trading and it seems both went off the map about the same time. I think the number I have is the same 1 everyone else has and apparently it is not any good any more or something.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 08:50 am:

We often do not realize it at the time, but we lose quite a few forum members, for a variety of reasons each year. One just has to peruse past archives to see a lot of names we recognize, but who no longer post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 10:07 am:

I bought a 27 speedster off John Sizemore before he left the T scene. He gave me a white knuckle ride in that yellow hell cat T he built :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 01:44 pm:

Well,.....thanks guys,......yes, "things" and peoples situations change, so, who knows, right? Maybe Ray takes a look at the forum once in awhile and might see that he's both missed, and remembered, and might respond. Whatever the case,.....hope he's still into Model T's,......thanks again,......harold

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration