T insurance

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: T insurance
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 07:29 am:

I have had J. C. Taylor insurance for more than 40 yrs. on my '14 touring. The policy has a value of $15,000 and is up to $200.00 a yrs. Is that about right?
What is the other insurance Co. have to offer.
Need some feed back on prices?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 07:34 am:

Hagerty, I have three vehicles of different vintages and I am under $350 for the year. I have had them for years. Agreed value on vehicles, but remember, the higher the agreed value, the higher your premium. My T is a mongrel '25 and has an agreed value of $7500

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 07:56 am:

Very hard to compare prices with so little information.

You covered the collision; how about comprehensive & Liability amounts? Some companies look at garage location (if, in fact they are garaged), as well as driver's history and ages of people in the household.

The phrase about right is important...prices do vary depending upon exposure - or risk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison- PA on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 08:40 am:

As I recall, my policy with Grundy costs about 1% of insured value. I suggest you get quotes from a couple others to compare.

Phil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 12:46 pm:

Hagerty, Seven vehicles stated value avg cost $12.5 K Full coverage with towing $473.00 a year with multi-vehicle discount..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 10:58 pm:

The first car is always the most expensive.
If you are listed as the only driver subsequent vehicles can be added very cheaply since you can drive only one at a time.
I compared Taylor with Hagerty a while ago.
They were very close but Hagerty came in with the best price.
It's not only cost but Hagerty's settlement of claims seems to be the best, or as good as the best, in the business.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 11:16 pm:

A '14 Touring in good "driver" condition is worth more than $14K. I'm guessing it would appraise out at between $18 and $20K. I recommend Hagerty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 12:48 am:

Hagerty also encourages young drivers. When I ask about my eighteen year old grandson they said no problem as long as he was in a group of adult drivers. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 06:19 am:

Thanks for all the input, thank u.
RDW

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 12:19 pm:

Richard, my 30 model A coupe is $255 a year with a stated value of $20000.00. My 27 roadster is covered at $ 13000.00 and its $171.00 a year through Auto Owners Group in Michigan. I do here other people say they have the same coverage's for a little less but i have been with this insurance company for 20 years. Just hate to change for a few dollars. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 12:28 pm:

Tim;
That is the way I am, when it comes to ind.About the same ball part.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 02:25 pm:

I have all my cars insured with JC Taylor. Each is insured according to its value, so the cost per car varies widely. I recommend the company, they have been absolutely grand to deal with every time I have made a claim. When I compared their rates to Grundy, State Farm, and Haggerty JC Taylor gave identical coverage for less money. Grundy actually turned down one of my cars saying that they do not insure project cars, even if they are running and driving! Not a very good choice for insuring a car under restoration, and weird if you ask me.

I have had a collector car or more with JC Taylor since 1985.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration