Old Photo - Australian WW1 Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Australian WW1 Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 10:35 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 11:46 am:

Why would they allow those fellows to have a new truck when they don't even take care of their building! I would tell them...First you clean up your room and make your bed, THEN you can have the new truck to play with!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 08:05 pm:

I wish I had that bike!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 08:08 pm:

Cop the length of the weapon leaning near the sign. That's a man's gun!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

Looks like they are running motorcycle gas lamps for headlights on the T.

This section can shoot farther at night than they can see for sure.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 10:09 pm:

Hey Allan, it is a massive rifle, the first anti tank rifle, built by Mauser in 1918. 13.2mm.

[URL=http://s464.photobucket.com/user/AGustafB/media/P1000886_zpsj3kj45d2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr1/AGustafB/P1000886_zpsj3kj45d2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 10:14 pm:

So where was this picture taken, the building looks bombed out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Benoit on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 11:35 pm:

It is in the Somme.

https://www.awm.gov.au/exhibitions/1918/about1918/

https://www.awm.gov.au/blog/2010/10/29/roo-de-kanga/

(Message edited by Ab4875 on April 02, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 12:19 am:

what is the bike? opposed motor, not bmw or zundap i believe, any one know?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 12:20 am:

hmm...maybe not opposed, what is it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Martin, Sydney Australia on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 12:44 am:

Triumph, probably 1913 or 14

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Martin, Sydney Australia on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 12:48 am:

This one is 1912

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 01:52 pm:

Wow, that's amazing that back then they were saving stuff for future generations to view--AND they have part of the Red Baron's plane! Wow!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 04:28 pm:

Jay, another greAt picture. I love the old bike and the truck. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Martin, Sydney Australia on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 05:46 pm:

An Australian Sergeant shot the Red Baron down. The AWM also has his boots and various other items of his, collected at the time of his death.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 07:39 pm:

The Red Baron came down behind Anzac lines. Many of the Australian and New Zealand troops souveniered parts from his plane. A number of them form part of a museum display in Omaka, New Zealand, in a life sized diorama of the crash site.

That museum is an outstanding tribute to early aviation.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration