Nh carburator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Nh carburator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 02:40 pm:

I'm not sure if this question has been asked before but here goes does an NH straight through work Better than a regular NH. Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 02:51 pm:

Define Better.They do well on a big bore intake,use a little more gas and perform well for some.Others came no real benifit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 03:06 pm:

Thanks Jack We have rebuilt a straight through to put on the 12 the NH that is on the car has been running for 50 plus years so we are going to give it a check over.I was wandering if there was any benefit to the straight through. Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 07:22 pm:

Colin, I was skeptical of the claim that a straight through works better than a standard NH. So last November I got off my butt and rebuilt the straight thru that I have had in my pile for the last couple of years.
Let me tell you it made a big difference in the power output on my 26 Fodor. It now has almost as much pep as my 25 Touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Spainhower - Portland, Oregon on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 08:11 pm:

I have a straight-through NH on my '15 Touring and a sway-back on my '26 Fordor. I like the straight-through for its responsiveness. Doing 35-40 and hitting a mild hill, a notch or two keeps the speed up. It has a very good seat-of the-pants feel.

The thing I've noticed about the straight-through is, the adjustment is really sensitive. It's not a quarter turn, nor an eighth. It's even less than that to hit the sweet spot. I found it by running up one of those shallow hills at part throttle and tweaking the knob just a little. Even starting the car cold, it takes less than a quarter turn enrichment. And yes, that's with a new needle valve.

So I vote for the straight-through. Just be aware that they're a little pickier to operate.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration