Gas generator rebuilders

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Gas generator rebuilders
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven G. Williams - Imperial, MO on Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 10:53 pm:

Ok, I found my carbide gas generator. I thought it was all there, but was in sad condition. Had been coated with something, and I have it soaking in ammonia, which is breaking down the crap on it. It looks like it will polish up great.

It is a Gray and Davis generator, and the on/off valve is stuck. Also I cannot figure out how to get the top apart to get to the valve from the inside.

Is there anyone who repairs or rebuilds these things, or who can tell me how to get it apart? I don't want to attempt anything for fear of damaging it, without instruction.
Thanks!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration