What have I got here?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What have I got here?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Stolpestad on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 05:37 pm:

On my 25 sedan.bottom attachment

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 05:44 pm:

Trailer hitch. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 05:44 pm:

Pretty nice accessory trailer hitch I'd say.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 05:44 pm:

Trailer hitch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 05:44 pm:

trailer hitch, Don.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 05:44 pm:

It a trailer hitch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 06:20 pm:

Cool hitch for a Model T. Or looks like one. Just my idea Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Stolpestad on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 06:59 pm:

What would you want to tow with this and such a stellar performance machine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 07:02 pm:

You would tow a period home made trailer with Model T wheels. Some of our members have done so in the past.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 07:59 pm:

One of our members drives all over the country towing his period camp trailer--and camps with it!
Very cool thing to find under your car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher McCulley on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 09:44 pm:

It's not a wheelie bar? 😁

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 09:58 pm:

That hitch is not that unusual. I have one that looks just like it on one of my cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 10:26 pm:

Did you notice five replys in the same minute!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 02:35 am:

Great hitch and pictures, Craig. Someone could manufacture and market that item as a period accessory just from the detailed pictures you posted. Hint, hint. Jim Patrick

PS. Is it cast or cut?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 03:21 am:

Jim, most of them were probably made by blacksmiths/farmers back in the day. I think there were some that were "factory made", seems like I have seen some postings on here about them and ones for the TT's in the past. Maybe Jay can shed some light on the subject. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JD, Wichita, KS on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 12:54 pm:

Here are a few different styles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 01:09 pm:

A dog walker

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 06:29 pm:

Here's Kirk Hill demonstrating how it's used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 07:38 pm:

I turned mine around (pointing forward) so it's not visible. When I want to pull a float (or something) I have to loosen the 4 nuts holding the spring (and hitch) and turn it around.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration