Clutch Disc Drum Puller Plans

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Clutch Disc Drum Puller Plans
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Thomas - Centerville, Iowa on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 10:11 pm:

Anyone have plans on how to build a clutch disc drum puller? The pictures I see in the catalog, seems like it is pretty straight forward. I could probably scale it off the pictures, but thought maybe someone might have plans. Thanks! Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Leach on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 01:21 am:

I use two 5" x 3/8" good quality bolts. Cut the heads off, heat & bend 1/2" of the cut off end to just over 90 degrees then use a good steering wheel puller. Works for me & it's cheap

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 01:30 am:

I have found a regular cheap 2 jaw puller that fits in the holes in the drum and has been able to pull all my drums without issues:

Kkk

In my experience it's the driven gear that needs a much heavier puller and it's a lot tougher to pull..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Henry - Werribee, Australia on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 03:57 am:

I used the same puller as Roger, but replaced the arms with 2 D shakes that are first looped through the holes in the drum. Copied that idea from an earlier post on the forum and it worked well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer --- Klaaswaal NL on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 08:09 am:

Michael ; I use thisone,
S0723
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Thomas - Centerville, Iowa on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 08:30 am:

Thanks guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 08:44 am:

Same as Roger. A simple two jaw puller, with reversed jaws. And penetrating oil. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 11:09 am:

Michael, Have this in my collection and have used it three times.
Drum Puller

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 11:16 am:

This one,

Clutch drum puller

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration