A pic I found today of one of my first T trips

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: A pic I found today of one of my first T trips
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 10:53 pm:

I found this picture of me and my dad from 94. I was 15. My dad was a corvette guy and didn't know anything about Model T s. I know he thought I wasted 50 bucks on a T frame when I bought it but he helped me do whatever my grandpa could remember to tell me to do to it. They are both gone but the T lives on. I notice I was driving without the steering wheel rim. I guess I was too nervous to drive it like on the trailer. trailer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 06:30 am:

Corey,

I'm sure the photo brings back many good memories for you. And I would guess your T brings back thoughts of many other special times. I know for me, one of the major reasons I enjoy old cars and especially Model Ts are the wonderful memories they bring back about my childhood – working on the cars with my Dad and going for rides with my family and friends, and drinking sweet tea under the shade of the pecan tree after the ride.

I probably was a normal self-centered young teenager. Too often I know thought more about the cars, planes (no we didn’t have one – but yes I thought they were great), trains (sounds like this could become a country song) than about people. After all – I had always had Mom & Dad, Grandparents etc. but many times the car seemed more important than them. Somewhere during the passing of time I gradually began to better understand the saying on a picture frame I have. It simply states, “The most important things in life aren’t things.”

Thank you for posting the photo and the glimpse it gives into your life. Have fun creating new memories while still enjoying the special times from the past.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 06:45 am:

Cory, thanks for sharing this picture and your story.

Hap, I relate completely to what you shared in your story. I am in the fall/winter of m life and finally understand how important people are--it is important to love them and let them know that you do. We all need that.
If it would't be too much bother, I would like to see a picture of your picture frame stating "The most important thing in life are not things" Have a great day. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 12:06 pm:

My first model T was barley a parts car and i still have it as a project 26 roadster. My Grandfather and dad always had model A s, only because they were cheap and grandpa could keep them running. Dads grandpa had a model T but when he passed the family sold it for junk. Dad still offers to help me on T s or A s. I am glad i still have him to talk to about cars or anything!! Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration