Troop 183 Update

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Troop 183 Update
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Rakestraw on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 12:36 am:

Howdy All

We had a busy weekend. One of our Scouts was hosting his Eagle Scout project at our church and a couple of us adults indulged in some T time.

While the Scouts built storage shelves in a church storage room, we removed the front end, removed a few bits from the frame and cleaned up the shop.

I'm sending out a request to the community. We're starting to catalog all the various hardware and pieces we're going to need to start putting the T back together. You all have been very helpful in the past and we thank you. Soon, I will post a wish list. If you're like me, you have a stock of new and good used hardware laying around. If you happen to see something on the list you can help with, please consider making it a tax deductible donation to the troop. We're not asking for anyone to purchase anything on our behalf - just looking to help you tidy up your shop a little. Thanks in advance.

Be well and drive safely.

Best

Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 07:23 am:

That's a great idea to store the chassis on the ceiling or wall because it gives you all the floor space needed to work on the body! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 12:13 pm:

Thats a great idea. When i was a kid my dads co- worker (Joe) had a 28 model A roadster frame hung up on the rear wall and the body was in the rafters. He was a real old car guy. He had nice model A s and 1 T. The T was a 21-2 center door as best i remember. His model A sedan was the first old car i had ever rode in and his T was the second. I wish JOE was still around to ask questions! TIM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 02:41 pm:

So are they resting after all that hard work, or load testing the shelves??
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Rakestraw on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 10:43 pm:

Reference last question - both. This evening we started cleaning up the front springs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 01:35 am:

Mark, looking forward to your wish list, hope I can help. I have a grandson in Scouts here, but all they are doing is working with rockets! Bummer!:-( Just kidding, I'm glad they are doing anything to get them away from video games! Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration