Did someone just buy a horse wagon and Model T parts staying in Jackpot Nevada

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Did someone just buy a horse wagon and Model T parts staying in Jackpot Nevada
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sayer on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 01:04 am:

I saw them today in Twin Falls, Idaho on our way home from annual meeting. We were on our way to Evel Kneivel jump site and the waterfalls, I wanted to follow but we were running short on daylight. Funny thing is 31/2 hours later we stop in Jackpot Nevada at Horseshu Hotel there they were staying at the same hotel. Wondered if it was someone on here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 01:11 am:

The Portland swap meet was this weekend. Likely taking unsold items home or their loot from the weekend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sayer on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 01:16 am:

Gotcha. Was there a lot there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 09:46 am:

Didn't go, did go to the MTFCA annual meeting, though. I quit going to the Portland Swap meet because there was getting less and less T parts, mostly newer stuff now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 11:42 am:

Something terribly wrong this year for the Portland Swap Meet. The sun was out and it was quite pleasant,
leaving attendees unable to get soaked to the core in a non-stop rain and freeze their tukas off. This breaking
of PSM tradition was a real disappointment.

The upside was that I was able to pick up some nice stuff, in spite of the warmth and sunshine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sayer on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 12:01 pm:

I ended up meeting the gentleman and his wife in another town hahaha. They are pickers from Montana, and are delivering it to a friend in California for yard art. Told me Montana was full of T's along the fence rows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 11:39 pm:

Burger-

I wish I had the opportunity to meet you. Did you stop by the Horseless Carriage Club booth? I was there most of Saturday and Sunday. Sold some stuff and found a couple of treasures.

One is a Bridgeport pump that needs some work. It is missing the brass piece that threads in on the top at the small tube. Speaking of the top, I know the bottom is supposed to be Chevy Moly orange. How about the top cast iron piece?

One other item I found was an early forged carburetor adjusted rod with the stamped escutcheon:

Ken Jones says this is the type my late 1911 should have.

The forged fork is bent. How do I want to straighten it? A little heat?

There is getting to be less T stuff, all the time, but it is always fun to get together with the other car guys.

There was a 1911 touring for sale. A 20 foot car. Beaudette body is beautiful. Engine, wheels and most of the chassis is 1913 vintage. 1917-25 rear axle. 1915 radiator, E&J side and tail lamps. Non Ford (but nice) headlamps, horn & windshield. Upholstery is Mac's 1913 style in vinyl...

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 01:42 am:

Truth be told, I was in Portland, but did not do the swap meet. I was just feeling the old
vibe from years ago when we'd slog through the muck for three days in the pouring rain.

I did find some neat junk at area antique and architectural salvage places. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration