Unusal Fordson Wrench?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Unusal Fordson Wrench?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 08:12 am:

Both are Fordson script. The heavier one is the normal one you see. I ran into the thinner one and its the only one I've ever seen. Does anyone have any information on it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael J. Wilcox on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 08:31 am:

Are those for the gas gage face on a Model A?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 08:39 am:

Fordson. Hub Cap, Transmission oil cap and Water fill cap for the water bath air cleaner wrench.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 08:41 am:

Dan is correct, that is what they were both used for

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 10:15 am:

Dan, my experience is just the opposite. I have never seen one like the top one, only those like the bottom one. Perhaps it is a Canadian thing.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding "Ewe-taw" on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 11:05 am:

I believe the top one is the first production, generally American built.
The bottom one is when manufacturing went to Cork and Dagenham.
I think that wrench was used through the E27N series as well.
Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 08:54 pm:

Thanks Allan and Kevin, I think you are right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 09:12 pm:

Here is the other part of that wrench that a lot of folks do not know what is. The socket hole on the end of the pry bar allows the hub cap wrench or the lug bolt wrench to be inserted in it making a longer pry bar for prying the wheel lugs loose. At least that is what was explained to me years ago. Was I told the right thing or have I been wrong all these years .... ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin ziembroski on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 06:42 am:

The fordson tractors had a wedge style lock to hold the rear wheels to the axle. The hook was to pull the wedge.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration