Gas/spark rod exstentions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Gas/spark rod exstentions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 09:11 pm:

Putting a 17" wheel on my current prodject
Any thoughts on exstentions I heard both ways on the repops

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 08:40 am:

Had tried one on the throttle once. Didn't like the thing sticking out past the wheel.

When at speed, better to keep your palms and fingers around the wheel for control, both hands too. The T steering can jump on you when hitting bumps in the road.

With the fingers wrapped, its very easy to lift a finger to reach and touch the throttle or spark lever, as they lay under the rim, that seems best for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 09:49 pm:

I wonder if the rod are different through the years my column is 18 appox vintage but my 17" wheel make it hard reach the levers and hold the wheel haven't drive this one yet
I try get a pic posted

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 09:59 pm:

Maybe I not used to such the big wheel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 10:15 pm:

I have them on two of my cars,and I like them. If your quadrant is badly worn,their weight might affect how well they work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 02:33 am:

Being a fairly new T driver myself, best money I spent for my Fordor, I don't have to reach around so much, and they just fit between two fingers, while still holding onto the wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 09:31 pm:

Thanks guys I be ordering a set usually have 15" wheel

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration