Old Photo - Presque Isle Centennial Street Scene

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Presque Isle Centennial Street Scene
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, April 04, 2016 - 10:04 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester Leighton on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

Jay, do you know if this is Presque Isle Maine? It so happens I was born and raised there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 08:45 pm:

Appears to be Main Street, Presque Isle Maine.

The Centennial was 1820-1920.

The building in the center with the flag pole on it, Grange Store, and the one next to it have been made into one large building. The fish store on the left has been replaced with a brick structure but the alley between is still there.

It is just north of the center of town looking northwest up Main Street. The buildings are much closer to the same elevation than the old photograph would indicate.

Ken in Texas

(Message edited by drkbp on April 05, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 09:55 pm:

Cool Ken! Thank You! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Derocher on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 10:47 pm:

Thanks for the great pictures Jay! I didn't think it was the Presque Isle that is just a bit north of me on Lake Huron. Here it would be know as Presque Eel, and the locals will tell you about the ghosts at the lighthouse! Jim Derocher, AuGres, Michigan

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration