Wheel Shop Feedback.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Wheel Shop Feedback.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 12:35 am:

Has anyone heard of the Wheel Shop. (Antique Wheels Wood wheels Respoked) located in Ridgefield Washington.

While attending the Portland Swap Meet last weekend, I saw some examples of their work. I thought they did a great job. The problem was that the two times I passed their table no one was there. Has anyone on the forum had any work done by them. The business is operated by Tom Dessert and Jim Kanne.

I plan on making an appointment to meet them as well see their shop, but I also am looking for some customer feedback from forum members if there is any.

Charles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 01:27 am:

Had a set of 1915 wheels made, couldn't have been any better!

Herm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 10:29 am:

Jim Kanne thought Tom to be able to take over his business. Jim was quite particular about the wood, storage humidity, etc. I have had them make two sets of wood fellow wheels for me, Model T and 18 Chalmers Kelsey demountable. Jim used a copying router to make his own spokes from cured Hickory blanks. When Tom took over he did the Chalmers wheels. Jim is retired now. Their work is very good quality.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration