What Brand of AC Style Brakes are these ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What Brand of AC Style Brakes are these ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 04:37 am:

These came off my 1925 Fordor, and were used for the stock 8 inch brakes. I replaced them with Rocky Mountains. The markings say CHICAGO and the numbers say 1001L and 1000R. AC Style Brakes Anyone know what brand, they really might be? They were suggested as possibly the Chicago Transmission brand?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 07:40 am:

Chicago brakes were made by the Chicago transmission company.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/530492.html?1428101850

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Barclay in west Michigan on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 10:21 am:

Keith
I am curious, did you drive the car with these brakes? If so how did they perform?
George

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 10:32 am:

Hope you have good parking and transmission brakes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 10:50 am:

We'll be waiting for a report on whether the Rockies are an improvement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 04:07 pm:

George B. I actually did not drive the car with these brakes on it, as I bought the car, and was highly recommended from the previous owner, to get the Rocky Mountains. I had the Rockies installed, before I took delivery of the car. I didn't know how to drive the T, when I bought it. So I have no comparison, as what they were like in real time use.

Mark G, I have a great parking brake.

Steve J. My Rockies work great, but again, no drive experience, with the 8 inch setup. Many post regarding the Rockies performance on here, but I can only relate my experience. As a matter of fact, a few weeks ago, I took her for a drive, and as I came back home, I car stalled in front of my house, and I live on a hillside with a steep grade, I have to use Ruckstell Low, to get up the hill from the bottom,(I was low on fuel..Duh..), and the brakes held up fine on the grade, as I backed down into my neighbors driveway. I didn't have used the emergency brake, the Rockies stopped and held fine.

Ed. Those are mine in the link, Erich was helping me with the car, after I got it.

I will post a picture of the whole setup, after I resize the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 04:28 pm:

Here is the whole setup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Lawson on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 05:46 pm:

Keith, Sent you a PM.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration