Correct triple gear bushings are now in stock

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Correct triple gear bushings are now in stock
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 04:11 pm:

Right off the Ford print and lots of help from Steve Coniff we finely got them right
call or email for pricing
Bob's Antique Auto Parts
815-633-7244
modelt2001@comcast.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 07:18 pm:

Bob, Please publish the specs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Thomas - Centerville, Iowa on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 09:11 pm:

I need to replace one of my bushings. It seemed to have seized on the pin, and then the gear spun on the bushing. That one gear is really flopping around in there, to the point where the gear has worn the flywheel in one spot. Nothing serious on the flywheel, but definitely left a mark. All the gear teeth look good. What do I need to be aware of in looking for a new bushing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 09:30 pm:

You might be looking to replace that gear that the bushing spun in - believe it or not but the spinning action can over-size the I.D. of the gear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Thomas - Centerville, Iowa on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 10:03 pm:

Steve, I wondered about that gear. I guess I could measure the other two to get a close measurement on what the third one should be. Does anyone know what the hole in the gear should measure?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 08:16 am:

Michael,

Here is one of the plates I made up a few years ago on a project that got derailed on what Ford "intended" as to design fits inside the transmission.

On a personal matter, I'd mic any new bushes as received to see that they are in range to begin with, because if they are too big or two small, then the bore in the gear means nada!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 09:10 am:

Bob, please advise what is different in the TG bushings that to other major vendors sell than the new ones you are having mfg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 09:34 am:

First I will dig out the prints this am, I also do not want to slam any dealers for what they sell, we had a metallurgist check the ones on the market before we started all of this and they are not a true z bronze, we have one of the largest bearing company's in the U.S.A. making these out of true z bronze, the formula is why the price is higher than the ones on the market today, Steve Coniff and I have spent hours on this and I will not show the print for security reasons, due to Ford we will list the specs. today, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 09:59 am:

Thank you Bob. Now we can start reaming the bushings the way Ford says to! I know Steve has been working on this project for years, and it gratifying to see that you have done this. Thanks a bunch. What puzzles me is, I bought my bushings in the early '60s from Ford Parts Obsolete in Los Angeles, and they must have had Z bronze back then, because I've not had a problem with them. The car now has over 50,000 miles on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 10:09 am:

The bushing print has been published on this forum many times in the past. I don't know what security has to do with it. How about posting a picture of the alloy certificate you got from the material supplier (or bearing company)?

There's been a couple of bushing suppliers claiming to sell Z-Bronze bushings for more than five years. If you place two bushings side by side, one made from common bushing bronze (C93200/SAE-660) and one claimed to be made from "Z-Bronze", You can't tell which is which.

We've had the "word" from some well known suppliers claiming their bushings are Z-Bronze and now you're saying they are not? How can we be sure of what is being supplied by anyone?

Who's right? :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration