Help identify spare Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Help identify spare Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sergei on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 04:29 pm:

Greetings from Russia. I found an unusual spare part on his garden plot. On the iron canvas stamp Ford. Help identify the spare unit to which it belongs and in which year could be made. I will be very grateful for the help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 04:39 pm:

It's the remains of one half of a set of points for a Model T Ford spark coil. It's an interesting find but not a usable part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 04:46 pm:

used from 1912-13 to 1927.

Herm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 09:51 am:

13-27 on KW and Ford units only.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 10:05 am:

As explained, it's a fragment of a Model T ignition coil part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 06:22 pm:

I looked at that picture three times before I realized the scale was centimeters and not inches. Sharp eye guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 12:35 am:

Ken K, I did the same thing. I looked at it, thought six inches, tail-lamp bracket? But that didn't look right. I know us Americans are dense when it comes to metric, but what is my excuse? I have been translating it automatically in round numbers most of my life. I hated the way we were taught in school, so I devised my own system of estimating and have been using it ever since.
I was glad to see that a couple of our smarter regulars had already given good answers.
Thanks all!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sergei on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 05:06 am:

Thank you for identification of spare! I am very pleased to see so many enthusiastic people!
In Russia really sold these cars, none of them lived up to our days.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration