Old Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry H. Arends on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 05:52 pm:

Can anyone tell me the make and model of the truck on the attached photo?

Thanks

Harry
Truck for coaltransport

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 06:08 pm:

To me it looks like a TT that has been cut streched,and a heavy set of rims/tires installed? Bud.?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 06:09 pm:

Model TT Ford, early 1920s. The automobile was the Model T. The longer wheel base Ford with a heavy frame was the Model TT. Years were model years 1918 thru 1927.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 06:26 pm:

It is a Ford Model T Ton Truck (commonly called a TT). IMHO I'd date it mid '20's due to the longer running boards. It's hard to tell, but I think it has a tall radiator making it a later production truck (1924-27)

It doesn't look to me like it's been stretched, just heavier rear wheels for the 5th wheel set-up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 08:50 pm:

Not sure it's been stretched either but like Bud, I noticed the heavy rear wheels that are not Ford TT wheels. It appears it has duals with the outboards removed. That tire is closer to the frame rail than a standard TT wheel would be which leads me to believe it is a dual setup with the outer removed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 08:54 pm:

That scene looks very English.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry H. Arends on Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 03:00 am:

Everyone thanks for the suggestions. Now i have to search for some drawings, want to build a 1:10 model.
@Gilbert, sorry to say but it is very, very Dutch.
The houses are build around 1901 in Enschede, The Netherlands as houses for people working in a textile-mill.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration