Wire Wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Wire Wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Lance on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 06:23 pm:

Ok Another “newbie question”

Wire Wheels: I have a set of 1926 wire wheels…I have a later axle that I am told is the “smaller” one which won’t fit the wire wheels, some have said get adapters, some say a new axle, some just want to but the wheels from me Can someone give me a run down on which wheels fit what and what exactly is needed for me to simply use my wire wheels? I do have front hubs but not the rear.

Thanks in advance!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Wednesday, April 06, 2016 - 07:49 pm:

You need a set of wire wheel hubs. Both front and rear. If you are going to run them on a small drum rear end you will have to drill a new set of holes in the small brake drums to fit the 5 lug hubs. Not a big deal to do.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration